ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SABiltongHunter"
SABiltongHunter

Posted Mar 16, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 1
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by J O D:
Based on your previous posts, Anant, I just really hope the end of March will be seeing the beta for the mobile apps at last... You have 20 days.

Yes we are working on it and that's our target too :)

I will wait and see, but I moved on long ago and unless something is significantly better than where I am now, I can't see why I would come back, but always hopeful as I had a decade of my Task life into Toodledo like many others.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Mar 04, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 3
Yes, another long time user and fan that recommended Toodledo to dozens of people, only to ultimately be embarrassed by what it became. My subscription ran out in December, I moved on, and haven't looked back other than to see if the URL even still worked :( I would also suggest you explain who's who in the zoo, is Aaron still there, etc. There are many old users here that go back before many of you were probably part of Toodeldo and while the promises make us feel good, sort of, it would be nice to understand the structure etc. I see in the blog you have good cash flow, I guess that's good but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating if you can deliver the product the customers have been asking for for 3 plus years now.

This message was edited Mar 04, 2020.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 6
I pad for a multiple year Gold subscription, left due to the staleness and lack of changes and wrote off the spend. I came back recently due to the new ownership, the promise of great improvements, etc and spent the time to set up everything again only to find out about today's price increase. I will continue to use it to get my money out of the system, but all I can say is that unless I am BLOWN away with the changes later this year and in 2019, I will be gone before my renewal next December at those prices. Sad as I have been with Toodledo for many years...
SABiltongHunter

Posted Sep 06, 2018 in: Future Plans
Lots of comments and wants through the 12 pages, mine are simply summarized as:

1) Updated iOS app, know it's coming, can't come soon enough
2) Updated notes editor for rich text etc
3) Sync my settings between devices, I set up my views on the web and then have to go manually try to replicate that exact same setup on various mobile devices

Thank you.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Jan 03, 2018 in: Toodledo 2017 - The Year in Review
Score: 0
Thanks Jake, maybe I missed something but when you say mobile/offline website for iOS, what exactly are you referring to?
SABiltongHunter

Posted by Jake:
This is on our to-do list. Its actually quite difficult to do it and do it well, without breaking any of the HTML formatting that people have already put into notes. But we are working on it.

Jake,

thanks for the update, great news, and I am sure it is more complicated than I made it out to be. Let me know if you need a tester :)
SABiltongHunter

I will add my request for a feature which has closed past requests going back to 2010, with all saying on the development plan, but still no sign of light. When can we expect some basic notes formatting controls, this is so basic and fundamental in today's world, it is amazing and disappointing that we still have to use HTML tags.
SABiltongHunter

Posted by andrew:
Hi,

TaskAngel provides good support for Toodledo Notes. It supports rich text, bulleted / numbered lists and active web links.

Take a look at https://www.taskangel.com/

Best wishes,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, looking at your website, I am trying to understand how taskangel and toodledo differ, and how they are the same? Not trying to be controversial, just seems like the apps do much of the same thing so are the apps effectively competing apps? Thanks in advance for explaining the differences for me.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Jul 26, 2017 in: Notes Editor
Posted by Jake:
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks

Jake,

I posted a question regarding this in the 3rd party forum as well today as I am really desperate to get some basic notes capabilities and with leaving PI the options are basically non-existent :( I know you can't comment on timeframes, but if I don't have any options or hope, I might have to migrate to something else as my usage is about 50/50 tasks and notes. Can you shed any light on options or anything? Thanks.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Jul 26, 2017 in: ios alarms when using new version?
Posted by Brian Matlock_1343862228:
I've switched to the new version of the app on my iPhone, but I'm not getting reminders now. I tried reading the help page, but it seems to address alarms for the app. Do I need to need to change a setting on the new version to make those reminders work on my iPhone (I want them to trigger iPhone Alerts)?

Maybe I am missing something, but what new version?
SABiltongHunter

So I don't want to get flamed for asking this, but I have to since the notes functionality in Toodledo is basic, at best. Is there any decent Notes app that syncs with Toodledo besides Pocket Informant, it has a great Notes editor, but the rest of the app has gone downhill. Very cluttered, new subscription model and owner, lots of bugs, so I am done with PI but that leaves me with no solid Notes tool. If Toodledo would add some rich text formatting support to the Notes area on the web and in the apps, I would be good, but until then, looking for something that is easier to use than having to use HTML tags for basic formatting. Most if not all the apps listed in the 3rd party apps area appear to be dead and buried, so the list of 3rd party apps probably needs updating as well, but I am just looking to solve my problem tight now. I love Toodledo for its simplicity and functionality, but basic text formatting including colors, font size, bullets, shouldn't be too hard and I miss it when taking notes extensively like I do. Thoughts anyone? If the dev team just wants to build it in to Toodledo, all the better :)
SABiltongHunter

Posted May 15, 2017 in: Notes Editor
Score: 2
I have to believe this has been asked for before, but just in case :), is there any chance the notes editor can get slightly more robust editing capabilities than having to use HTML tags to format the notes. The commonly used easy to remember ones are no big deal, other than the time it takes to enter 6 characters to turn on and then off Bold as an example, versus clicking a button on and a button off. Am I the only one that thinks that Notes could benefit from some simple editing enhancements like bullet points and formatting buttons? I am not asking for OneNote kind of things, just simple text editing features.
SABiltongHunter

Jake, did you ever figure this out as I am seeing it too. I can create a support ticket too if you want
SABiltongHunter

Posted Jan 25, 2017 in: Task folders vs. Notes folders
I too would love to have the ability to have different folders for the two groups, especially since there is no option for sub-folders. I find it easy to assign tasks to a high level folder, but quite often I want to file notes at a more granular level, so either additional folders in Notes that don't clutter up Tasks or the ability to do sub-folders would serve that purpose.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Dec 19, 2016 in: Task Colors
Jake, I have seen in a number of other posts discussion about changing task priority colors. Is there any update to this issue as the Gold and Black are almost misleading on the Web interface, as the black is more prominent than the gold while the gold is actually more important. Thanks.
SABiltongHunter

Posted Dec 19, 2016 in: Location Alarms in iOS and Due Dates
Posted by Jake:
Right now, the location alert functionality does not apply filters to tasks, so if you have any uncompleted task at a location (whether it is in the future or negative priority or a context that is hidden by a filter) it will cause the alert to fire. In the future, we'll allow the ability to apply filters to location alerts so they don't fire in your situation.

Thanks for clearing that up Jake, it definitely limits the value of the location alarms, but I am glad to hear it will be addressed in the future. I am guessing you don't want to say when do you :)
SABiltongHunter

Posted Dec 17, 2016 in: Location Alarms in iOS and Due Dates
Maybe I am missing something, but if I turn on the alarms and assign a location to tasks, when I get near that location is tells me I am there, whether there are tasks due for that location or not. Let me try to explain, let's say I have a monthly report repeating task that is due on the 10th of the month, and I assign the 10th as a due date and work as the location, I only want it to alert me when I arrive at work while the task is active or due. Right now, when I arrive at work on the 22nd, it tells me I am near work, although there are no active or due tasks for the location work? Am I making sense and is this the behavior to be expected because then locations is not really valuable with due date tasks, it is just something to remind you then next time you are at that location. Ami I missing something? Thanks