ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by David Mitchell"
David Mitchell

Posted Oct 24, 2011 in: Toodledo and iOS5
Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
If you want every task to have an alarm, you can set a default alarm in your account settings for all future new tasks. You'll have to set them for any existing tasks, but going forwards, all new tasks will have alarms if this is what you want.

Would this be the right forum to ask for this to be a feature request? Specifically for there to be a method to get tasks to list in the drop-down Notification Center without having to have an alarm set for them? If there was a way to make all the tasks which are included in the current badge count show up in the drop-down list that would be nice. Setting alarms is a clumsy and error-prone way of setting that up. It also doesn't seem that the alarms are removed from notification center when the tasks are marked complete. Thanks.
David Mitchell

Posted Oct 20, 2011 in: Toodledo and iOS5
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, you need to set an alarm for a task too. Try this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

To be honest that's a little clumsy for what I would like it to do. Ideally I'd be able to see the tasks which are either overdue or due today. I don't normally set alarms for tasks. I'd have to go back and set alarms for all of my old tasks, possibly changing the due date for overdue ones since I presume I can't easily generate an alarm for an overdue task. It also seems that marking a task as complete does not clear out the notification. In a nutshell, I'd like details on whatever tasks make up the count displayed in the badge.

I presume Apple has provided an API for this although I have not researched it. Clearly the Weather and Stock apps are using something other than standard push notifications.
David Mitchell

Posted Oct 20, 2011 in: Toodledo and iOS5
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, the reminders can appear in the notification center. You just need to go into the Notification center preferences and tell it to put Toodledo in there. It doesn't do it by default.

I have added Toodledo to the notification center settings, but nothing ever shows up. What should I expect to show up? Do I have to set alarms for the tasks for them to show up?