ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by rdd"
rdd

Posted Feb 13, 2018 in: Saved searches in android app
Score: 0
  • rdd
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2018
  • Score: 0
Ok, thanks. I will be looking forward to this, since I am mostly using the smartphone app in daily use.
rdd

Posted Feb 13, 2018 in: Editing a task note in the android app
  • rdd
I have noticed that since the last update I sometimes have trouble saving the task note after editing. I click on Save and nothing happens. I click a few times on it and after 2 or 3 times it goes back to the task but does not save the note, as if I clicked on Cancel. Not happening all the time, but annoying when it does. I'll try to keep an eye on it to see when it happens and when not.
rdd

Posted Feb 13, 2018 in: Saved searches in android app
Score: 1
  • rdd
  • Score: 1
The "Save sort preferences on a per-list basis" is a very useful feature and works very well on the website. Unfortunately, the sort preferences that I saved with each saved search seem not te be taken into account by the android app after synchronization. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? If this is not implemented yet, could this be included as a new feature?

Thanks a lot!
rdd

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: Include sorting in saved searches
  • rdd
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2012
Hi,

I've posted this a couple of years ago (wow, time flies), but I would still be very interested to see this feature I proposed back then.

The search and sort features are really great! In my opinion it could easily replace all other views, since you are able to create your own views as you like.
However, it could be so much better if it was possible to save a search that also includes the way of sorting that makes sense for that particular search.

Suppose you have a search for all tasks with Folder=Sports, then it might make sense to sort by Tag if you have tags like running, skiing, climbing, etc. But for another search, for example Folder=Shopping, it might make more sense to sort by Context if you have contexts like @supermarket, @mall, etc.

In the current situation you first click your saved search and then adjust the sorting. This takes several mouse clicks extra (plus extra thinking), which is a pity.
rdd

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: Search for a word in Notes
  • rdd
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2012
Posted by Jake:
The above suggestion works, as does using the advanced search page. We plan to make the quick search search in the title and note in a future update.

I noticed that the much-discussed new version of the iphone app already has a quick-search that actually searches in titles and notes. I love it! When will this be also available on the website?
rdd

Score: 5
  • rdd
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2012
  • Score: 5
Dear TD developers,

First of all, thanks for your continuous efforts on improving the product. As is to be expected with a huge update as this one, there will be positive improvements and negative ones. The good news is ofcourse that the almost instant feedback on this forum gives ample input for further improvement.

I have tried the update for a bit now and these are my findings:

1) The gray color scheme is awful indeed. But much has already been said about it, so this is just my +1

2) The main screen contains the section 'View task by:' in which I have for example 'Folders' as one of the items. Well, I have 7 folders and the fact that only the first 3 are are shown doesn't make any sense to me. This just adds an extra click to the whole process and makes it unpredictable as well. The idea that the 3 Folders with the most items are shown does not necessarily mean that those are the ones that I would like to access most. So, I would prefer to go directly in one go to the full list. The same goes for other items (Context, Tags, etc.) I would even say that the vertical extension bothers me a bit. I prefer the previous behavior where it seems you slide horizontally to a next screen.

3) The 'Search'-bar is great! Especially the fact that it now really searches (before it had to be almost a perfect match, now it does really search also parts of words in both title and notes)

4) The 'Quick Add Task'-bar is nonsense. Using the button Add Task is much quicker. I would consider removing it to free up some space.

5) The 'Show' and 'Sort' icons are quite small and it happens regularly that I mis-click. Especially the 'Show' icon is tricky, since it is close to the button 'Task' just above it. For me, this whole bar with the 'Show' and 'Sort' icons could be hidden just like the 'Search'-bar. On the other hand, I do not really use the 'Show' option that much, because I don't really understand how it works. More on that in point 6.

6) The 'Show' icon gives access to some kind of filtering, although I find it's use rather complicated and a bit counter-intuitive. The most important thing that bothers me is that it is not a one-time filter, but it is some kind of global setting that remains active until you set it differently. The same actually goes for the sorting. It remains set no matter what view you're in. It doesn't make sense to sort by Folder if I am in the Folder view. What I would love to have is a way to quickly filter. So an interface to quickly compose an 'on-the-fly' query by a few simple clicks. Another great feature would be the saved searches, just as the website has.

7) The two ways of choosing a custom due-date is excellent! (calendar or date picker wheels) Especially since it remembers your preference.

8) If you change a setting, it displays 'Wait' in the right top corner. What does it mean? Because it stays quite long, it is a little confusing. Should I really wait before I do something else?

9) Often my hotlist dissappears when I start scrolling during sync. This actually happened also in
the previous version, so it is more of a general bug, I think. Actually I just dicovered that it now also happens under other circumstances and that it even blanks the home screen of the TD app. The way to restore it is to close the app and to double-click the hardware button on the iphone to remove the app from the internal memory.

I hope you can use my comments for the next update.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
rdd

Posted May 02, 2012 in: URL Links
  • rdd
  • Posted: May 02, 2012
I am pretty much annoyed by the current behavior of TD to open URL links in the same window. I understand there are ways to work around it, but those are just not very convenient and generate irritation.

I would very, very, very much prefer URL links to open in a new tab, similar to other common web applications, such as Gmail for example.

Even better would be to allow users to choose it in the settings.
rdd

Posted Oct 18, 2011 in: calendar integration on iphone
  • rdd
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2011
Is there any way I can get tasks with a due date from my Toodledo App to my iphone calendar?

Or is there any chance that the Toodledo App will get an integrated calendar?
rdd

Score: -1
  • rdd
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2011
  • Score: -1
My application crashes every time when I do something before the sync has finished. When I wait for the sync to be finished, and then navigate somewhere, it is no problem.

PS. This was already the case in the version before this one. I was hoping it would be fixed with this update, but unfortunately not.
rdd

• rdd
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2011
Funny. I use exactly the same setup as you, Chris, after months of trying different alternatives. I recently discarded subtasks, because they are horrible. Therefore, I let my pro subscription expire, since I saw no added value in it anymore. I am now happily using a quite minimal implementation, using only:

Folders for areas of focus
Tags to indicate projects, topics, etc. (also very usefull in searches)
Context to indicate where/when to do something
Due date to plan something on a specific date
Stars to get thing on the radar

Nothing more, nothing less.
By the way, I use mostly the iPhone app, which is really great, since it is a native app therefore fast. The PC is more for the reviews, although I have to learn to do that more often.

PS. I am thinking of using the repeat function in the near future.
rdd

Posted Jun 25, 2010 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
  • rdd
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2010
I posted this long ago. Any progress on this issue? Maybe some thought from the side of Toodledo?
rdd

Posted May 10, 2010 in: Good Bye from Proximo
  • rdd
  • Posted: May 10, 2010
I agree, working with projects remains the bottleneck for GTD folks as myself.
rdd

Posted May 10, 2010 in: Why Toodledo IS the Best for GTD
  • rdd
  • Posted: May 10, 2010
Hi,

I am using Toodledo exactly in the same way as Chitu and Douglas. Like Douglas, I use the context field for both context and status. The contexts are prefixed with @, so that way I separate the two.

I would like to know how you are dealing with projects. I cannot get to work really nicely with the implementation of subtasks, especially on the iphone. For example, if I am @home (context) and I look at all tasks that are labeled with @home, I might see a task that says "book hotel". However, I have no idea what this is about. It only makes sense when I see also the parent task which is e.g. "city trip" with subtasks:

- decide on destination
- look for hotel in NY
- book hotel
- book flight
- buy new suitcase

On the iphone this is not clear at all and hidden behind a few taps on the screen. Also in the web app, searches obscure the relation between subtask and parent task.

Do you use something to keep track of what is the next action to move a project forward?
Do you toggle projects between active, on hold, important, etc. ?

OK, maybe this post is not very clear, but I hope you might have some thoughts that could make me improve my GTD system on Toodledo.
rdd

Posted Jan 06, 2010 in: put "no folder" up
  • rdd
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2010
I don't agree. Myself, for example, I use a context that is called ".INBOX" while I use the folders to distinguish different 'areas of life'.
rdd

• rdd
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2010
I notice that when I print something from Toodledo our printer at work is taking a million years to get the job done. Other programs don't have this problem.

I don't use the booklet printing, because it does not print what I want. Even though I have a Pro subscription.
rdd

• rdd
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2010
rdd

• rdd
I do it differently. I use the subtask as the sequential tasks (manually ordered as I wish) and I star the one that is current. Or I could also just put a date on only the current one.
rdd

• rdd
I totally agree! I have posted something similar, but you elaborate a bit more than I did. So count me in on this one!
rdd

• rdd
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Other to-do sites have manual sorting because they don't have any of the other sorting methods that we have (due-date, importance, priority, etc). When you try to have both sorting by criteria and manual sorting, it gets really messy and confusing.

I agree totally with this philosophy. This is the exact reason why I chose Toodledo over all the other (nice and fancy) web-based todo systems.
rdd

• rdd
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2009
Hi,

I would like to discuss a problem with subtasks.

Imagine I have a subtask "check out on internet". If this shows up in a search, filtering or whatever (e.g. because it is starred) then I see it and think: "What the hell should I check out on internet?!" Then I click on the little subtask icon to see that it is part of the parent task "get a new notebook" and only then I understand what the task really is.

The drawback of this is first of all an extra mouse click. But second, when I do this, it opens the whole parent task, which makes me look at all of the other subtasks. This distracts me from the actual task I should do now.

I am not sure about what solution is best. I think it is part of the whole 'flattened-hidden-indented" problem. But in the end I would like to have a possibility to see for each of the subtask that are in my view also the name of the parent task.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next