Search results for "Posted by korey99"
korey99

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 3
  • korey99
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2018
  • Score: 3
Posted by smatics:

I'm not meaning to shill for Todoist, but to Ummagumma's point - unless there is something particular holding you to ToodleDo, like start dates, it's hard to justify such a steep price difference.

That's where I'm at too. Todoist premium trial, and I really like it for all the reasons above! I can collaborate with my family, and they don't need to pay for premium as well.

I do sort of miss start dates though.

My point is that this change made me look around, so that's where I'm going to stay until Toodledo wins me back.
korey99

Posted Oct 21, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
  • korey99
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
  • Score: 2
This news made me evaluate my options. I've used toodledo for many years, and while it has some great features, some of which are unique, a lot of the reason I stuck around was just because I hadn't been looking around. I'm trying out a new app.

I think I'm going to move on to Todoist. Here is why, sharing in case it will help the toodledo team.

#1: I can assign tasks to my family. Collaboration using free accounts
#2: contexts are cool, but easily replaced by tags
#3: in the mobile app, you can swipe to mark complete or to postpone. As a big Google inbox user, this is great.
#4: hotlist is cool, but Todoist has awesome custom filters, which I used to make a better hotlist
#5: manual ordering actually helps me more than subtasks
#6: Todoist has projects instead of folders. I'm finding nested projects very useful. I have an "optional" top level project, and all my hobby projects fall under it. That's all stuff I really don't have to do urgently.

A couple of things I don't like:
- the booklet print is good. I miss it
- I like have more priority levels. Toodledo has 5, but Todoist pretty much only has 4 (p4 is "unprioritized"
korey99

Posted Oct 19, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 0
  • korey99
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
  • Score: 0
Posted by pawelkaleta:
It is now 7.49/month. But it differs slightly from korey99's screenhot shared on imgur where it says "/YR". Possibly they found mistake/typo in the meantime and have corrected it already.

Yep, looks like it's been corrected now. I didn't get my discount though!
korey99

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • korey99
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Actually, now that I see it, they are offering the Gold plan for $7.49 / yr. That is an acceptable price, but really weird that Silver is far more expensive than Gold. Can you please help me cancel my current subscription so I can pay for a new year of Gold?

https://imgur.com/a/bTCpl98

https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php

This message was edited Oct 18, 2018.
korey99

Score: -1
  • korey99
  • Score: -1
Posted by AA:
Here's the reference (in two versions after initial backlash):

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26237/-117107/read.html#jump

Thank you.

IFTTT was my archive for completed tasks. And Hotlist was a pretty good feature. But I think this might be the end of the road. I have Todoist lists for my family, and while I don't like it as much as ToodleDo, we've all got our price. My price comparison is to what I pay for my online backup and Netflix. Those are tools I use daily, and they have a lot of cost for storage.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'd rather stay. Just don't see how you can charge so much more than your competitors. I stuck with this app because I like it best, and if you put in enough new stuff to make it worth the price increase, it's not going to be the app I like anymore.

P.S. for what it's worth, I only use the to-do list part. I don't need habits, documents, file storage, photo editing, song suggestions, recipes, etc. Just need something slightly better than my piece of paper or a google doc.
korey99

Score: -1
  • korey99
  • Score: -1
Can someone help me find a more complete list of the features per tier? Currently a Silver subscribers (as others, not because I needed the features, but to support a product I use). But I can't justify $60 for something I use moderately and not as frequently as I should. Mostly I'm concerned with IFTTT integration and the hotlist. I saw hotlist and 3rd party integrations called out above, but can't find a reference.
korey99

Posted Mar 22, 2018 in: Need advice for family collaboration
  • korey99
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2018
Thanks for the insight.

Not wanting any mutinies, I currently give each person a simple task list of ~5 items. I take on all the management of priority, etc. to make sure they know the top priorities (at least as I see them :) )

I like ToodleDo because I can shut off most of the features for the more free-form/less list-making members of the family, whereas I can over-categorize to my heart's content.

I think I'll stick with Todoist for the others, unless someone else has another idea. I'll investigate syncing between system like you mentioned. Maybe IFTTT can help.
korey99

Posted Mar 22, 2018 in: Need advice for family collaboration
  • korey99
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2018
Hello everyone-

I'm a long time user of ToodleDo, and have hundreds of open tasks, ranging from things that need to be done today all the down to "stuff I kinda want to do some day." I use contexts, folders, stars, due dates and a few tags.

I'm looking for advice for how to assign each family members a handful of tasks to focus on. I don't get overwhelmed with a giant list, but the rest of them would. Right now what I'm doing is using ToodleDo for me, and Todoist for my family (each one gets their own account and a shared list, which I can manage from my account). Ideally, I'd just have a widget on each family member's device that shows their list. That's what I'm doing with Todoist now (using only free accounts). It important that they can mark their tasks as completed (so not just seeing my tasks as view-only) and it would be helpful if I could view their lists without logging on to their accounts. Other than the fact that it's not ToodleDo, the Todoist shared list concept is what I'm after.

I don't mind having myself as a subscriber, but I don't intend to subscribe each family member for cost reasons and also because I'm not 100% sure I'll get them to adopt this system.

I subscribed myself to ToodleDo, but not my son, and have been playing with the collaboration features. I created a folder, put some tasks in it, and shared that folder with him. When logged on to his account, I'm having a hard time seeing both the native tasks that he created, and the joint tasks I've sent him. I see I can switch between our accounts, but I can't see both lists at the same time. I've also tried clicking on the share icon on my own tasks (in my account) but I can't send tasks to him.

Any suggestions?

Korey
korey99

Posted Jun 15, 2015 in: Seeking advice for using contexts
  • korey99
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2015
Alex- thanks, that really helps. Splitting up those tasks is help, but I need to figure out the best way to handle precedence. Like for the drill bits, until I've checked what I have at home, and there's no point seeing the "purchase them" task.

I do like your @thinking. I've put that as a task on my list to consider it! :)
korey99

Posted Jun 09, 2015 in: Seeking advice for using contexts
  • korey99
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2015
Thanks, I'll give that some careful consideration.
korey99

Posted Jun 09, 2015 in: Seeking advice for using contexts
  • korey99
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2015
Hello all-

I've been using Toodledo for many years, but I've accumulated a lot of tasks and haven't been terribly effective at using my to-do list system to figure out what I should or could be doing next.

Right now, I'm using folders mostly as rough categories (Inbox, Work, Scouts, Music, Finances, Video Projects, etc.)
I'm trying to use contexts to figure out what it's possible to work on in any given situation. However, I have a innate need to categorize things, and I have lots of tasks that aren't fitting into my current contexts well. So far I have @home, @work, @phone (I can do anywhere I have my phone), @pc (I need to be in front of my computer), @out (like errands, not at home), @outside (my property, but out in the yard/garage).

I'm looking for advice as to whether I've written these tasks poorly (not actionable), or whether there are some other useful contexts I could add. I just found myself getting stuck, as it wasn't as easy categorizing by context as I had hoped. I was wanting this process to be quick an simple, not over-analyzed :) Any suggestions welcome! Here are a few troublesome examples:

* Plan kayaking trip (requires discussing with my wife, probably at home, talking to friends/family, and booking via phone or PC)
* Find new drill bits (I could buy them online from my phone, or get them out shopping, so either @out or @phone)
* Get checks from Randy (I could stop by his house, call him, or he could bring them to me)
* Scan sister's photos (which may be a bad task, because I need to arrange a time with her, then do the actual work)

Other tricky things are that some contexts are wholly inclusive of others. When I'm home, I'll be able to do anything in @home, @phone, @pc, etc. I've used saved searches to show any task in any of those categories to tell me what's possible at home.

Any general advice for what's working for you?

Thanks,
Korey
korey99

Posted Sep 24, 2014 in: Google Apps Scripts?
  • korey99
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2014
Thanks for the answer. I can quit trying to get it figured out now.

I came up with a workable solution by having Google Script process the RSS XML. Not quite as pretty, but it got the job done!
korey99

• korey99
Or for that matter, is anyone using Javascript for this API at all?
korey99

• korey99
Has anyone worked with using the toodledo API from within Google Apps Scripts?

My end goal is to write a script to import some of my tasks into a Google Sheet.
korey99

• korey99
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2009
Sorry if I was not clear before, but Anders hit the nail on the head. I wanted to append a new tag to a bunch of tasks, each of which already has it's own set of likely different tags. Being able to add another tag only to those tasks that have exactly the same prior tags isn't very useful to me.

At this time, there doesn't seem to be any real "magic" to the tag field in Toodledo. Other than being able to list tasks by tag it seems to nothing more than a straight text field. RTM, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Flickr, etc. all handle like the others, but toodledo's implementatiin leaves some room for improvement so far. I think I'll steer clear of tags for now.
korey99

• korey99
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm totally on board with you, and thanks for the link.

Since Toodledo does not properly import tags when importing an iCal file from RememberTheMilk, I thought I'd at least be able to clean up the tags afterwards. I am hoping they add better support for tags to Toodledo. I have more faith in them than I do in the RTM staff, though. This feature (well, that and multiselect) are both significant barriers to my migrating over.
korey99

• korey99
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2009
I want to know if there is a way to add a tag to multiple tasks, instead of replacing all of the existing tags.

I have done a search for the tasks I want to edit, and I've entered the multi-edit screen. If I check the checkbox next to "tags" then enter the tag I want to add, the existing tags on my tasks are removed. Is there something I can type to cause the existing tags to be preserved?

Thanks,
Korey