ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SFSailLady"
SFSailLady

Score: 0
And, of course, I just found it. I looked for it everywhere and then just noticed the "..." and there it is.
SFSailLady

In the legacy app I was able to turn on/off displaying future tasks in the display lists (though they did show up in search I think). This used to be in the "Show" dropdown at the top of all of the task display screen. Where is it in the Beta App? I could have sworn I found it once, but maybe not as I cannot find it again.
SFSailLady

I guess the latest iOS version showed up today on my iphone. I logged out and back in. My biggest concern is that I always used to be able to see the 3 sort orders I created: priority, due date, start date. In this latest version, start date has stopped displaying even though I have it as the 3rd sort field. I've compared it to the legacy and I am pretty sure the settings are correct. Is this a bug or ? Please advise as it is important to how I view tasks and their order.

Also, I cannot find anywhere to get help on the iPhone. Rather I had to come to my Mac to post in this forum. How do I issue a support ticket? Or register a bug?

I've used ToodleDo like forever. I need my 3rd sort field, Start Date, to display. How can I get it back asap??

Thank yo.
SFSailLady

Posted Nov 23, 2023 in: Legacy App versus New Version
Score: 2
First, I started using the New Version today and annoyed with having to do extra steps to get a view of just a single priority. However, that is not the end of the world. I don't know what else lies beneath, but I'll keep a watch. I still want to use the Legacy app as well, but, it crashes often. So far I've learned that it crashes when: 1) I change a task from a due date to no due date; and 2) I change the priority of a task from a higher priority to a lower priority. It does not crash if I change a task from a lower priority to a higher priority.

I believe the new version does not have these issues but the usage is more cumbersome and takes more steps.

I would appreciate if it you could fix those bugs as generally the legacy should still be functional until you are ready to release the new version.

I will use both of them, but in how I tend to use the legacy app, it crashes way too often on the new iPhone OS.

I've used ToodleDo for years and love it. I hope you can work out these bugs to keep us engaged while the new system is being worked on.
SFSailLady

Posted Mar 12, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Posted by mlb32704:
I've actually posted on this topic several times, but a few of these I had not heard of, so I gave them a try.

Based upon my own personal observations, trials, and analyses, there really isn't a solid alternative to Toodledo. I wish that Pink Java Media LLC who acquired Toodledo would put some time effort and money into it, but evidently that isn't going to happen. I can manage with all of the outstanding issues and zero support, so long as they keep the lights on, I'm good for now. These forums help.

As for the alternatives listed in this post, here are my high level takes on each of them. Please keep in mind that I am a basic user, but I do use the triple criteria sorting feature of Toodledo as well as advanced repeating tasks, tags, etc. so, not too basic :) -

- Task Angel - by FAR the best alternative out there, it is the closest thing to Toodledo, very simple yet robust, has everything that I need. The challenge is that Task Angel right now is fully dependent upon Toodledo servers and data. Per multiple conversations with their management, they will supposedly have an application across all platforms ready to go, if and when Toodledo pulls the plug.
- Tick Tick - a close second, but they don't offer sorting on multiple criteria, that was a showstopper for me.
- Google Tasks - I wanted this one to work based on everything else that I use from Google, but it is way too underpowered for even a basic to do list.
- ToDoist - nice look and feel, great until you start kicking the tires and want to add labels, reminders, etc. which requires a Pro account ($). And I could not figure out how to do recurring tasks although it says that you can. I like my to do lists robust AND free :)
- Remember the Milk - this was my frontrunner for a while, I spent a lot of time playing with it and trying to make it look and act like Toodledo. It's decent but the look and feel is off and it's actually a little complicated for a basic app. I know that there was something else about it that I didn't like, either RTM or TickTick added an extra line for every extra data point that you included with a task (i.e a note). A complete waste of space that crowded up the screen and required more scrolling through tasks than necessary. Can't remember which one, sorry.
- Any.do - crazy layout, way too complicated and seems to be missing a lot of what Toodledo does right now.
- 2Do - one of the few iOS apps with a corresponding Watch app, I had some fun with this one for a while but they have no Web solution.
- Microsoft ToDo - see Google Tasks :) Same thing, would LOVE to use this if it were more robust, but it's not.
- Amazing Marvin - just gave it a shot, good luck with that :) Looks like a very nice app with tons of functionality but could it be any more complicated? I'm sure that if I play around with it for a year or two I might get it close to Toodledo, no thanks.
- GoodTask, Notion and Nirvana - downloaded each of them, signed up, played around for a few minutes, deleted them all.
- ClickUp - now this one piqued my interest. Definitely has the functionality, but tasks and notes are overshadowed and misplaced in what is essentially a full blown project management app. I don't need to assign owners, check dashboards, setup spaces and whiteboards to flesh out new ideas...I just need to pick up some milk every other Tuesday and I want to use a tag to move it up to the top of the list. That's it. So this one might be worth checking out for power users, not for me.
- Excel - I wish that I was better at it, because I know that I could jury rig a spreadsheet to do some or all of what I do in Toodledo. And I back up to CSV every week, so the data is ready to roll. Eventually I might play around more with this. If anyone has any insights or examples that they can share or tips for setting up and maintaining, I'm all ears.
- Paper - lol, yeah good luck with that.

Laugh if you will but I do miss Palm and the Palm Desktop from time to time, simple to do list, calendar and contacts. When I was shopping for my first iPhone, and Palm was on the way out the door, I did a quick search for the best possible match in terms of a to do list with notes functionality that would look and feel like Palm on an iPhone. That was Toodledo, and 10 years plus later, I'm still here and I still love it. Damn shame what's happened, really is, such a great app across the board and a loyal base of users, I wish that Pink Java Media would wake up and do something.

My bottom line - I'm holding out hope for ToodleDo, and/or hoping that TaskAngel is busy getting ready to go at it alone should ToodleDo pull the plug.

I am not laughing - ha ha - I also miss Palm from time to time. And when it was clear it was going away, I went to ToodleDo as well. It really has the features that allow me to work in the way my brain seems to like. I am hoping it doesn't ever go away. Fingers crossed.
SFSailLady

Posted Mar 12, 2021 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 1
Well, I may seem to still be able to use ToodleDo. Now that I finally upgraded from an iPhone6 to an iPhone12 ToodleDo is working for me again in that it is super fast and I no longer experience any lag. My tasks all seem to be there. And it has the features I like. I truely hope it does not go away. I haven't looked for a replacement yet.
SFSailLady

Posted Jul 19, 2020 in: Settings "Red Dot" ?
Hi,
Does anyone know what the purpose of the "red dot" next to the Settings option on the iPhone ? I don't remember seeing it before and I cannot figure out why it is there.

Thanks
SFSailLady

Posted Jul 14, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Hi - things remaining with the 3.4.1 update on my iPhone:

1) Switching between task 'views' is cumbersome. It used to take seconds. To go from say Top priority view to "All Tasks" used to take a mere second or two. Basically it was not noticeable. Now I have to wait 15 seconds and as you know in software, that is too long for a user to wait given how quick it used to be. Please go back to your old search algorithm.

2) The sort settings between the web version and my iPhone are different. I WANT the iPhone sort so how do I know that will NOT get messed up if I keep syncing. ? I do NOT want the web version sort. Now, I rarely use the web version, but I do want my iPhone sort settings to be the same on my iPad and the web. I am afraid at this point to touch it.

3) Next time there is going to be an update, can you please email your user base? I received no notifications an update was happening. I should be able to to choose that given the issues with this one. I see you posted in this forum, but I don't read this forum regularly so I was unaware. Had I known it was coming, I would have backed up my iPhone and then manually updated.

I will say that I have enjoyed Toodledo for years and hope you iron out the kinks, especially with respect to performance upon switching views. I do that a lot when I am using the app and I use the app heavily. I did have a tiny heart murmur when I did not initially see the data on my iPhone. I assumed there had been an update. I looked at the web version and all the data was there so I did a sync. I am thankful my sort settings remained intact on my iPhone since they are different on the web.

Thanks for keeping this app going and I appreciate your support attempts etc.
SFSailLady

Posted Sep 28, 2018 in: Bug with iOS 12 upgrade?
Posted by K*H:
I am syncing between web and iOS 12 on an iphone 5S. The only problem I have is that the app crashes when I delete a task on my iPhone.

Some questions:

1 )When this happens, are you able to launch the app back and task is still deleted? Is anyone having this same problem on an iPhone 6?
2) Does this happen all the the time you try to delete? Or just occasionally ?

This message was edited Sep 28, 2018.
SFSailLady

Posted Sep 27, 2018 in: Bug with iOS 12 upgrade?
I was about to upgrade my iPad and iPhone to IOS 12 but would like assurances from ToodleDo that the app is compatible. However, these bugs do not sound promising. Has anyone answered yet?