ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by andrew.yeh.10"
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Feb 04, 2011 in: Chrome Web Store
Score: 1
never mind. Don't put toodledo on the web store yet: if it gets a 1-3 star, it will be hurt rather than helped by the web store. The people who forget that links are web apps and the people who don't like the UI will both dislike toodledo.

For people who want toodledo on the new tab page, copy the following and save it as "manifest.json". Then find a 128px*128px image and save it in the same folder as "128.png" (I use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/img/obhefmbclkekanpjjpkbciloojcmpkap/1294968799.07/logo128/1?itemtype=app). Go to chrome tools->extensions->developer mode->load unpacked extension->browse to folder containing the manifest and image. The toodledo web app is now on your new tab page.

{
"name": "Toodledo",
"description": "Todo",
"version": "1.0",
"icons": {
"128": "128.png"
},
"app": {
"urls": [
"http://www.toodledo.com/"
],
"launch": {
"web_url": "http://www.toodledo.com"
}
},
"permissions": [
"unlimitedStorage",
"notifications"
]
}

This message was edited Feb 05, 2011.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Jan 22, 2011 in: Slim Version
Score: 0
Are there any keyboard shortcuts in the slim version? Is there a way to add multiple tasks at once?

Thanks.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: Toodledo on Google Apps
http://www.vikitech.com/2398/create-chrome-web-apps
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: UI Change
5. Option to turn off/hide collabrators (already a sharing view), filters (only two options and one of them is a sub-view underneath the main view), sort (very useful to some but I can see it not being useful to others), and search (redundant because of the search view to the left of the calendar view)
6. Allow people to create their own smart lists and put them wherever they want. This is a functional improvement, but it also allows the following UI improvement:
7. Take out or make optional (opt-out/opt-in) the current default views and sub-views. I personally believe from my own usage of the service that the sub-views-- recently added, recently completed, and recently modified-- should be opt-in views or "create it yourself" views. Hotlist and starred should be opt-out views.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2010.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: UI Change
Toodledo has always been a very functional website. However, the design is questionable. I noticed that in a previous design thread, Toodledo said that changing the UI was a priority for 2010. 2010 is just about done, and I don't see many changes (some). Do you think that's enough, or do you think that this is enough or can the website design still be improved?

The point of the thread is to either suggest that the UI is good enough or to give concrete suggestions for improvement. Please do not complain about the UI without some ****easily seen**** way to improve/change it (don't mix in your suggestions in a giant paragraph please). Here are some:

1. http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2615/-13628/redesign-of-toodledo.html
2. Lighter color options in the themes (maybe light blue like google?)
3. Folders on the left (already built into some styles, but having the option built in would be nice)
4. How you add a task can be improved: the new task field should be open as soon as you enter the website (now, you have to click the add task button) and should be one single line with "smartadd" or a "more" button to click for more options. Otherwise, a task entered into this field would be added with default settings (which you can change in account settings).

Edit: I notice that vintom's toodledoish style helps the add task function by making the button bigger and the color more contrasting with the background. I guess that's an alternative solution to improve the ability to add tasks

This message was edited Dec 17, 2010.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Dec 09, 2010 in: Chrome Web Store
Will a toodledo web app be released in the chrome web store sometime soon?

Thx.
andrew.yeh.10

I would like to compliment you on a fantastic release. It's also nice to note that you're not releasing new, unstable useless features but rather balancing new features with improving old ones.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Sep 19, 2010 in: Dividers Don't Show on Folder View
Hmm....it doesn't show for main view either anymore. I think its because I tried to customize the page using adblock by hiding parts of the page (the labels for the columns, i.e. task, due date, repeat, etc.). The blocking didn't work and the dividers were hidden. But its probably not because of the adblocker since I then disabled it only to find toodledo's dividers still hidden.

Any help? Thx.

Edit: The answer's so simple I'm ashamed to post it. I was sorting the list by task, not date which was why there were no dividers. If there were a way to delete this topic, I would. On the other hand, there may be someone as stupid as me who gets this problem too.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2010.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Sep 18, 2010 in: Dividers Don't Show on Folder View
On my laptop and my desktop, dividers don't show for the folder view (due today, due tomorrow, due within 7 days, etc).

Dividers show for other views, just not folder view.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2010.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Having an unusual problem...
Maybe you disabled javascript? Do you have noscript?
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 30, 2010 in: Get rid of checkobx hover
This is just a small suggestion.

Now that there are no extra functions to be had with hovering the mouse over a checkbox, please get rid of it. Sometimes, I have to think a couple seconds about whether a task was completed and the popup gray box is mildly irritating.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
Posted by Toodledo:

3) Pages will now load quicker due to extensive server optimizations.

Very nice update! I can confirm #3. Toodledo was already very fast on firefox, but now its fast on chrome too.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 23, 2010 in: Folders on the Side for Multi-line
PeterW,

Yes, you're right. Firefox with stylish worked the side perfectly. It was the fact that I was using chrome that was the problem.

Thanks!
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 23, 2010 in: Folders on the Side for Multi-line
Yep. I'm on windows 7 64-bit, though I remember it was the same on 32-bit windows xp.

Toodledo Me Too works for multi-line, but it shrinks the horizontal space so that there is very little space between the task and the due date.

Maybe someone else using windows can confirm this? Thanks.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 22, 2010 in: Folders on the Side for Multi-line
Is there a userstyle or userscript to move the folders side that works for multi-line? Toodledo Me Too shrinks down the task's space. Toodledo Me is completely broken in multi-line mode. Toodle Me-Too Light doesn't work either.

Am I missing any userscript or style?
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: Toodledo Website Bug
Thx. Lowering the font size fixed my problem. This is a fast computer, though (new), and so I don't think the browser is broken or that my computer is under a heavy load.

Edit: Its still much faster than before I lowered the font size though.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2010.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: Toodledo Website Bug
Folders & Contexts take up more than one line but doesn't interfere with anything else.

Tools & Services also takes up two lines, but it overlaps with Account Settings.

This is a 64-bit computer using chrome. Firefox displays the website just fine.

I must also note that the website is very sluggish. Moving the mouse should cause the tasks to highlight, but the highlight trails the mouse movement as slowly as a fat cat.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2010.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Feels Faster?
Yes, much faster for me to.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Aug 10, 2010 in: Slow Website, yet again
The page loads fast for me, but the website itself seems a bit sluggish (the highlighting of the current task the mouse is on takes a second or two to show up & all actions like focusing on a multiline task or deleting a task all quite slow). This is a new windows 7 computer I'm using. The old windows xp computer I used was slower overall but ran toodledo faster.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted Jun 27, 2010 in: Lifehacker Hive Five
Toodledo's made it into the top five! Vote for it for a final push.

http://lifehacker.com/5573782/five-best-to+do-list-managers?skyline=true&s=i

This message was edited Jun 27, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next