ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by hlascelles"
hlascelles

Score: 0
Will raise this as a ticket!
hlascelles

I am using the new UI, with week starting on Monday.

If you choose any date popup, then December "starts" on the 2nd. ie, that is the top left number. 1st is not visible.

To choose the 1st, you have to go to November and choose one of the "next month" greyed out numbers.

Picture available on request.
hlascelles

That's great to hear, it really is!

I'm actively looking at more integrations - but of course keeping it as simple as possible. Next up might be:

- Completely hands free. "OK Google, add a task to buy the milk".
- A widget button to launch the voice capture straight off the home screen.
- A show "paste clipboard" button option.

Any ideas welcome...
hlascelles

Score: 1
ToodleTask has reached version 3.3!

It is completely free, with no ads, and can be found on the Play Store.

ToodleTask was written with one purpose in mind: to allow users to add tasks to ToodleDo quickly. I found that too many task apps required navigating through the main screen and additional menus to add tasks, or didn't allow easy setting of defaults and overrides.

Instead, ToodleTask launches you straight into the task entry field from one tap, with customisable defaults. Two configurable entry buttons can then be used to add tasks for different scenarios (think "Home" and "Work"?). It doesn't try to do anything else like sorting/filtering/presenting your backlog. It is quick capture at its best.

Following GTD methodology, you can use this to spend less time following fiddly processes to enter tasks / write down the name of a tune you've just heard / record an idea, and more time enjoying a beer with the person sitting opposite you!
hlascelles

Harry Lascelles here - that is indeed exactly what you are looking for. Great to hear you use it Ben... Kordi, you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toodletask&hl=en

I haven't updated it in a while, but it still works with ToodleDo and I still use it daily. If you wanted one change what would it be? I've been looking at adding features to it.
hlascelles

Posted Jan 04, 2016 in: Quick add task shortcut (not "n")
So it is! Cheers...

PS
please add that to the list of shortcuts that you can check at the bottom of the screen. Thanks!
hlascelles

Posted Dec 20, 2015 in: Quick add task shortcut (not "n")
I'm loving the "Smart add" slash based quick entry, but I can't see a way to jump into that box. Pressing "n" brings up the main add panel, which doesn't support the slashes.

Can we get one mapped please? Maybe "t"?
hlascelles

Posted Dec 13, 2015 in: Scheduler URL query params
One follow up to that... I now have my "work" search and my "home" search. What would be nice would be to the quick search functionality too when using an advance search page.... Thought I understand my use case it probably not the usual flow!
hlascelles

Posted Dec 08, 2015 in: Scheduler URL query params
Great, did that and it looks like it will do the trick nicely (with very flexible search params too).

Thanks!

H
hlascelles

Posted Nov 29, 2015 in: Scheduler URL query params
Is there a list of query params we can use for the scheduler? I can see its utility, but would like to say "give me an hours worth of tasks with this tag".
Even anything unofficial I can use to create a custom browser bookmark?

Thanks!
hlascelles

The hotkey for reload has a bug when using saved searches.

1) Load a saved search (eg Food) by URL, eg: https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#search_123456
2) Click on any other saved search, eg Films. Note that the URL has not changed!
3) Press "R"

Result: the task list changes from Films to Food, unexpectedly.

The list should reload from the visible search, not the URL value.

Cheers!
hlascelles

Posted Jan 21, 2013 in: ToodleTask Credentials
I am the author of ToodleTask (the Android app), and have been asked a question on password issues a couple of times, so I've decided to add a comment here.

ToodleTask must confirm your authentication details with ToodleDo when you change your settings. If you play with your settings a lot, especially switching repeatedly between the "default folders" options, then ToodleDo (at their end!) thinks someone is tinkering with your account, an suspends it for one hour.

If you are having username and password issues, try entering the credentials without changing any other settings, then waiting an hour before adding a task.

Thank you so much to everyone for your 5 star ratings and suggestions!
hlascelles

Chrome 14.0.835.2 dev-m on XP... No greasemonkey or anything like that.

And of course, for reasons I can't explain, it's not doing it today. I'll let you know if I find the exact sequence of events....

Cheers!
hlascelles

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: where is total number of tasks?
That's it! Thanks Danny...
hlascelles

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
Generally, I appreciate the streamlining, but... I rather liked the somewhat more garish difference between bright green "ToDos" and greyed "Dones".

I hope there'll be some flexibility or themes coming.

Cheers!
hlascelles

A simple bug to replicate...

1) Create a task
2) When it is in the task list, open the notes field and type anything, but don't "finish" the edit. Leave the cursor in the box
3) Try to check off another task

Expected: The first task edit is committed, and the second is checked off

Actual: The second task receives the click, but remains unchecked

A simple one that has caught me out a couple of times.

Thanks, keep up the good work!
hlascelles

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: where is total number of tasks?
I can't see it either. The old design had it simply at the top, now it isn't there.

I don't need it for saved searches, so this isn't the computation power issue.
hlascelles

Posted Apr 24, 2010 in: Hour entry
Entering a due time in a task, for expediency I would normally just put in the hour eg "14"

In Toodledo this becomes 00:14, which seems extremely unlikely for a task.

Wouldn't it be a no brainer to have all 2 character times interpreted as 24 clock hours?

Cheers!