Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted Jul 09, 2013 in: E-mail syntax for "not star"
Score: 0
OK. You can't get everything :)

Thanks for answering.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted Jul 08, 2013 in: E-mail syntax for "not star"
I like having star as default for my tasks. But sometimes I would like to send an e-mail to TD that creates a task that is not starred. I can't find that in the documentation. Is it possible?
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted Jun 19, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: 1
Thanks guys, I'm sure I will use it when it gets connected to tasks. Until then it doesn't quite fit into my daily workflow.

But I have one question:
How do you delete an outline?
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted May 24, 2013 in: Simple stats on the web
Found it myself. Almost too simple: just use the Main view.

Missed it because I never use this view; my workflow is all based on custom searches.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted May 24, 2013 in: Simple stats on the web
The IOS app has absolutely perfect statistics for me:
#Added, #Modified and #Completed

This lets me know:
1. Am I taking on more tasks than I can handle (#Added- #Completed)?
2. Am I actively reviewing my tasks (#Modified)?

But sometimes I don't carry my iPhone and want to view this really simple information on the TD web. But I can't seem to find it. It's possible to get close by using the fancy graphs, but this takes a lot of thinking and clicking, neither of which I enjoy doing ;)

Any ideas?
Torbjörn Hedberg

Really great update! It makes the app much more usable.

I do agree with the requests to be able to change font.

And one tip:
You need to reselect what fields to show in the app. This is not in the documentation. It caused me some confusion at first because I couldn't make the selections I wanted.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted May 25, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: 3
Sorry, but the graphs dont work for me. I think the most useful parameters are number of completed, added and modified tasks. Shown by day or week.

This tells me at a glance:
- do I take on too much (added are more than completed)
- do I work actively with my GTD system (modified)

The line graph is the closest. But it, strangely enough, connects the points with lines even though it has nothing to do with gradual changes over time!? This makes it hard to view.

I must say: bring back the old graph!
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted May 09, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: -1
Thanks for the new graphs! I like look at my workload graphically quite often to gain a little perspectivc.

My experience in software development says "for everything you build, you realise two new things you should build". That is: the backlog grows bigger the more features you put into a product.

This happened with the graphs as well: having interactive graphs immediately surfaced the need to save settings. I visit the graphs often, so I often have click around to see what I want, which is distracting.

So for the backlog: saving graph setting. At minimum remember the last setting via a cookie.

Cheers!
Torbjörn Hedberg

Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:
To the complainers: Offline support, Android support, Multi-language support, and a more feature packed replacement for toodledo.com/slim have all been top requests for years. Maybe these things weren't your top request, but they were the overall top requests. This is being positioned as a replacement for toodledo.com/slim and a lot of people use that. I know because I can see the statistics. We are very excited about this new product and we think that this will benefit a lot of people.

Thanks guys, for swift answers to us "complainers". Let's hope that you are right and we are wrong. And a long, prosperous and constantly-improved life to our favourite task manager Toodledoo! Keep up the efforts!
Torbjörn Hedberg

I'm sure you've done a great job in implementing HTML5. But I don't understand who it's for:
- PC users should use the regular website
- Smartphone users should use apps from you or some 3rd party

Who is left as a user for the mobile site? Are you quite sure you are dedicating the (always scarce) resources in the right areas?
Torbjörn Hedberg

Just my two cents as a pro user, really depending on TD:

Much more important than subfolders would be improvement of the current subaction funtionality.
1. Easier/more ways to make an action a subaction. Another choice in the action menu - "Move"?
2. An indication when viewing a Subaction showing which action it belongs to. For example: a column showing the first word from the parent action subject, with a mouseover showing the whole subject. We could the use this "first word" to indicate a project name or id.

And by the way: I agree with the TD team that the general GUI concept in TD probably does not allow any decently useable way of supporting subfolders/subactions. They would have to do a major rewrite. And on iPhone app too. They need a lot of people paying $15 to finance it...
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted Oct 26, 2011 in: Persistent lists on iPhone and iPad app
@Tony, I guess you are talking about the iPhone app, right?

If so: a big +1

If not: I believe the things you ask for are available on the web through searches
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Multiple Levels of Subtasks
Posted by Mark FV:
Another vote for this. OPML style multi level lists good.
Also the ability to MOVE subtasks deep within a tree to another top level tree FAST would be good.

On long lists your drag action can take forever to find a task down the list to drop subtask into.

+1 for easier way to move a task. Suggestion: a "Move" item in the same menu as Delete, Reassign etc.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: Click.to shortcut for Toodledo
Really cool. And really useful!