ForumsQuestionsMultiple Levels of Subtasks

Multiple Levels of Subtasks
ctenorman

Posted: Dec 10, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
One feature that would be a huge productivity boon to me would be the ability o have multiple levels of subtasks. This way I could organize an entire project right down to the specific actions inside toodledo. Is this something that could be worked on?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Purveyor

Posted October 28, 2010 by Toodledo:
We do not have any immediate plans to make multi-levels of subtasks.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/8119/-41741/read.html

Have the plans changed?

This message was edited Dec 10, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
No changes. They are on our to-do list, but we have no immediate plans to do them.
toochevere

Posted: Jan 08, 2011
In order to really follow the GTD model, multiple levels of sub-tasks are really a must. I have quite a few projects that break down into 3 or more levels. Although sub-projects could just be grouped into a folder, the problem is that it doesn't accurately represent the "real" work structure and becomes unwieldy after six or seven projects get added which should be at various levels in "real" life.

Surely this can't be that hard? What would it take to get this moved up in priority? In all other respects, I love Toodledo, but this is a real drag. It may seem like a simple thing, but to me it directly speaks to the sustainability of my system.
etsaa

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
I want multiple levels of subtasks, too.
alexborne

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
I too have this feature as my #1 improvement need in Toodledo. Currently I have to maintain my project structure in excel or freemind, and then copy next actions in toodledo. I believe that multiple levels of subtask would highlight the added value of some of toodledo's features, such as status, start dates, etc... It would make it a simple projects management tool of high value.
Toddbg

Posted: May 23, 2011
Seeing as how this conversation has been going on since 2009, is there any plans for AT LEAST getting one additional sub-task level.

The majority of questions and concerns that people have could be taken care of if that were implemented.

How hard of an effort is this? what would the SWAG be?
Could we as a user community sponsor this development specifically to make it worth your while?

I'd be willing to do this in a Kickstarter kind of way where we all chip in X amount.

I really really really need this feature.
and I don't need MS Project, I just need a little bit deeper task nesting.

PLease advise.
Thank you.
V for Vendetta

Posted: May 23, 2011
Me too, I would really like to see this feature!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 24, 2011
Multiple levels of subtasks is a frequent request and it is on our to-do list, but we don't have an ETA.
joedavenport

Posted: Sep 28, 2011
I don't even understand how I could properly use toodledo to organize my life without being able to add multiple subtasks. Let's have the software emulate how our brains have to think to complete our tasks.
Salgud

Posted: Sep 28, 2011
Posted by joedavenport:
I don't even understand how I could properly use toodledo to organize my life without being able to add multiple subtasks. Let's have the software emulate how our brains have to think to complete our tasks.

That would be more like a Mindmap, not a hierarchical list. Our brains don't work in a linear fashion at all. They are a neural network. Most of us have been conditioned to think in a linear fashion, like outlining, but our brains simply don't work that way at all.
stuff068

Posted: Oct 04, 2011
Any word on multiple-level subtasks?
Mark_1348239968

Posted: Oct 04, 2011
Another vote for this. OPML style multi level lists good.
Also the ability to MOVE subtasks deep within a tree to another top level tree FAST would be good.

On long lists your drag action can take forever to find a task down the list to drop subtask into.
bigbytetech

Posted: Oct 11, 2011
ME TOO! I want Multiple levels of sub-task as well. :)
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Posted by Mark FV:
Another vote for this. OPML style multi level lists good.
Also the ability to MOVE subtasks deep within a tree to another top level tree FAST would be good.

On long lists your drag action can take forever to find a task down the list to drop subtask into.

+1 for easier way to move a task. Suggestion: a "Move" item in the same menu as Delete, Reassign etc.
tommyasiegel

Posted: Oct 25, 2011
I don't really want multiple levels of sub-tasks. What I really want is multiple levels of sub-folders. This would fix all problems for me. I use the iphone app, action lists. That is how Action Lists is set up. This is far more elegant and user friendly than the flat dynamic of toodledo. And I would pay for that. Seriously, I don't understand the hang up.
sethrezaramzi

Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Yep multiple levels sure would make it easier to break stuff down, I feel like I'm limping as is, id pay comparatively more for this, as is I see toodledo as only a temporary and partial solution..
murphpj

Posted: Dec 15, 2011
I think this is the number one item I'd like to see implemented. Even if it's just a way to link a master task to another items subtask so you can click between and updated the status of one updates the linked task or something similar.
jameshday

Posted: Dec 15, 2011
Another vote for multiple levels of sub-tasks. This is a must-have feature that will determine whether or not I continue my subscription.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.