ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Chris McKay"
Chris McKay

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Repeat Tasks
Score: -1
Nevermind, I found the problem. I was sending "with parent" as a part of the repeat even on parent tasks. Sorry to bother you.
Chris McKay

You might want to give Due Today a try as it has most of those features. And, I'd be willing to add in the missing ones as well.
Chris McKay

Posted Mar 15, 2012 in: Repeat Tasks
Score: 1
Sorry to bug you about this, but I think there's a bug in the "reschedule" option of the API. I created a task in ToodleDo and set its repeat option to daily and "on complete date". I then synced to my app. After the sync, the task does not appear to repeat as it no longer appears in ToodleDo.

On my app I marked the task as complete. Then, when syncing the task back to ToodleDo I set the "reschedule" flag to 1. I'm also making sure that I've set the "completed" date, due date and the repeat information.

Just in case it's not a bug, do we need to set the due date to the date that the task should be repeated on, or is that taken care of by ToodleDo? Or, am I missing something that is causing my repeating tasks to not work?
Chris McKay

I'm sorry about Due Today's duplication issue. How long ago did you try it as I've been making some changes to correct those particular issues.
Chris McKay

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: Possible bug in notebooks
I'm using API 2.0. However, I stand corrected as my observations earlier this morning seem to have been incorrect. It looks like it's synchronizing correctly now.

Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this.
Chris McKay

Posted Sep 15, 2011 in: Possible bug in notebooks
Editing it directly seems to have set the date. But, if I upload any changes from my app, the lastedit_notebook field remains unchanged.

So, I guess the bug is that the lastedit_notebook field is not being updated when changes are made via the API.
Chris McKay

Posted Sep 13, 2011 in: Possible bug in notebooks
The bug is still there. Here is a copy of the JSON structure that comes from account.php. For security reasons, I've 'x'ed out the user id:

{"userid":"xxxxxxxxxxxx","alias":"chris","pro":"0","dateformat":"0","timezone":"-4","hidemonths":"6" ,"hotlistpriority":"3","hotlistduedate":"14","hotliststar":"1","hotliststatus":"1","showtabnums":"0" ,"lastedit_folder":"1315885430","lastedit_context":"1301438909","lastedit_goal":"1298541325","lasted it_location":"1289084743","lastedit_task":"1315880544","lastdelete_task":"1315837908","lastedit_note book":"0","lastdelete_notebook":"1315328013"}

As you can see, there are timestamps for everything except the lastedit_notebook value.

Thank you for looking into this.
Chris McKay

Posted Sep 08, 2011 in: Possible bug in notebooks
This is definitely occurring in the 2.0 API (my app doesn't use the 1.0 API).

I can reproduce it doing the following:
1. Push some new notes using 2/notebooks/add.php
2. Sync again without adding any notes
3. Make a call to 2/account/get.php

In there, all of the times are set correctly (even lastdelete_notebook, if any notebook entries were deleted). Just lastedit_notebook is set to 0.
Chris McKay

Posted Sep 06, 2011 in: Possible bug in notebooks
I've just upgraded by app to use ToodleDo's notebook feature and I'm finding a weird oddity. Frequently the lastedit_notebooks field in the account information is being returned as '0'. All of the other fields are being returned with correct timestamps.

Could this be something that I've done? I can see the notebooks in ToodleDo that my app has pushed over, but the system is still giving me a 0.

Thanks for your help!
Chris McKay

Posted Jun 11, 2011 in: Due Today for Android
Score: 0
The paid version does have support for due times. Start times are coming shortly.

As for Pure Calendar not recognizing the lite version, I'm in the process of finishing that up. Koxx and I have just finished up support for the paid version. Now I just need to move the interface over to the lite version and he'll hook it up.
Chris McKay

Posted May 28, 2011 in: Due Today for Android
Double check that you have the email address entered instead of your username. Also, because it's very easy in Android to accidentally enter spaces, please double-check that your password and email address do not contain any extra spaces.

Also, please make sure that you're running at least 1.4.3. Prior versions used some of the old ToodleDo API which is now unsupported. That could be a cause of the username/password error.
Chris McKay

Posted May 03, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
I just uploaded maintenance releases for Due Today (Android), Due Today (Windows) and Due Today Lite (Android again).

Mostly these just fix some small annoyances and crashes. However, they all three improve upon the ToodleDo sync and should be much more reliable in that area.
Chris McKay

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
In the previous version of the "add task" dialog you had to click different buttons to get to the notes, dates, etc. This version of the dialog has everything right up front so you can see what you've set up.

I'll see about adding the ability to increase the font size. I assume you're referring to the main task list itself and not necessarily the dialogs? Would it work if I connected the font sizes to the system font sizes? Incidentally, I designed it on a widescreen monitor (1900x1200). I guess I just like the smaller font, but I can easily see your point. So, I'll get that fixed.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2011.
Chris McKay

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
The new update for Due Today for Windows is up. I've done an interface overhaul to clean up the left-side view. You can now also create custom views.

I've updated the "New Task" dialog so that everything is available on one screen (and it's resizable).

I've added support for ToodleDo's hotlist (you have to configure the hotlist inside ToodleDo, though). Also, all of the status fields are now supported. AND, I've worked out quite a few sync issues.

If you're interested, check it out here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/windows/DueToday

Just as a quick note, as of this posting, I haven't updated all of the screenshots just yet. I'll be getting to those shortly.
Chris McKay

The new update for Due Today for Windows is up. I've done an interface overhaul to clean up the left-side view. You can now also create custom views.

I've updated the "New Task" dialog so that everything is available on one screen (and it's resizable).

I've added support for ToodleDo's hotlist (you have to configure the hotlist inside ToodleDo, though). Also, all of the status fields are now supported. AND, I've worked out quite a few sync issues.

If you're interested, check it out here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/windows/DueToday

Just as a quick note, as of this posting, I haven't updated all of the screenshots just yet. I'll be getting to those shortly.
Chris McKay

You're in luck with the red star. I've already replaced it. I just have to release the updated version.

I'll consider the fonts and bolding.
Chris McKay

I hate to solicit on this thread, but give Due Today a try. It might not have everything, yet, but it does have features that no one else has. I'm also very open to suggestions and willing to implement things that I didn't think of during its development.
Chris McKay

Peter, would you mind looking at the changes I'm proposing over on my forums at http://forum.lakeridgesoftware.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=16806? I'd be interested in your opinion on those (plus any more suggestions that you have).
Chris McKay

OK, those are some really good suggestions. Thanks.

I'll admit, I used some screenshots of Things and Omnifocus for inspiration, but the main functionality was designed to fit my Android app.

So, first off, here's my reasoning behind the projects/subtasks difference. When I first started writing the app, I actually had no idea that ToodleDo even existed. So, I created projects to be collections of tasks with the ability to have unlimited nested subprojects. I didn't even have subtasks as an option

Then, during my beta period (this is for the Android app since it came first) many people started asking for ToodleDo support. When that was added I got requests for subtasks. So, projects were mapped to folders and subtasks were added. Hence why there is some ambiguity. Personally, after using ToodleDo, this was the best fit since even they recommend using folders as projects (as do several websites that discuss how to use ToodleDo). And, since I didn't want to force users to purchase a ToodleDo pro account (though it is beneficial for the subtask support), the present situation with those is what I ended up with.

So, here's what I'm thinking of doing. I have had a few requests to allow the user to create custom views. And, in my Android app you can switch the builtin views off. So, what I think I'll do is port that ability over and add the ability to define your own view. That way, you can use it either the way I've designed it or you can create your own view based on the criteria you're looking for. I'll also make this available on the Android version.

As for the status field, that was a late comer and is why there is now a Someday and Waiting view in my app (those are based entirely on the status field. The Next view, not so much). I'll add the option to turn off the status, just like I do with the priority (with an option to set the default status).

Subtask collapsing has been requested, but I haven't added it because I'd have to add it to the Android version as well. And that would take a re-engineering of the app. However, the suggestion is not off the table as I'm looking at ways to implement it without breaking the existing functionality (many, many people like it the way it is right now).

I'll line up the items into columns. Again, this was just designed based on the layout of my Android design and with the idea of not directly copying OmniFocus and Things.

How would you change the background color of the tasks?

I'll add a separator line between each subtask.

I'll add an option to include "no date". But it will be off by default (I originally had this, but nearly everyone complained about it).
Chris McKay

OK, to that end, what can I do to make Due Today better suited for your needs?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next