ForumsNewsFile Uploads

File Uploads
J-Mac

Posted: May 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hello.

Just curious: Regarding uploaded files - Any encryption provided? Security? Also, how safe are the files? Are the servers with uploaded files backed up?

Since I have not seen anything about the above I have been assuming that none of those features exist. But I figured it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 12, 2008
We do not encrypt files, but they are stored securely on a multiply redundant system with offsite backups.
J-Mac

Posted: May 13, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
We do not encrypt files, but they are stored securely on a multiply redundant system with offsite backups.

OK.

However that would mean it is important that users do not store anything that contains private information -- unless they encrypt it themselves prior to uploading it.

Might be helpful to note this in the Features section. Some people don't check and think that since they must login to access their files that this somehow makes it fully secure from prying eyes!

Thanks for the help!

Jim
Dave

Posted: May 22, 2008
Any news on whether adding files by email attachment in on the roadmap?
This would enable me to forward my emails with attachments and create a new task in Toodledo. Think it would also pursuade people to upgrade.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 22, 2008
Adding files by email attachment is on our to-do list, but we have a few things that are higher priority.
Dave

Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Any update since May last year on the file attachments. Is it any higher up the priority list?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2009
File attachments in emails is related to our email processing script, which we plan to improve soon. It's been a difficult and long project, but we hope to have something soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.