ForumsNewsUpdate to tags + Notebook timestamps

Update to tags + Notebook timestamps
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 05, 2012
Score: 6 Reference
By popular request, it is now possible to sort tags alphabetically instead of by frequency of use. To enable this, go into your account settings and look under "Display Preferences". One thing to note, is that the tag list will still only display the 50 most frequently used tags. So if you use lots of tags, infrequently used tags may not appear in the list, the same as before.

We have also updated the way the tag picker works when editing a task. Clicking on a tag that already exists will remove it from the task instead of adding a duplicate. Also, duplicate tags will now automatically be de-duplicated upon saving.

In the Notebook section, when editing a notebook there is now a button that will insert the current date and time into the note, which can be useful for keeping track of additions to a notebook entry.
Purveyor

Score: -1 Reference
It's nice that the more frequently used tags stand out with a bigger font even when the tags are sorted alphabetically.
:)
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
Great! This will make using tags MUCH easier. The timestamps will be useful too.
dannyw0011

Much appreciated for the tag sort
Dr George Brown

Posted: Mar 07, 2012
Love the timestamp addition. Is there anyway that the timestamp can insert the date and time details where the cursor is located? I often have multiple file notes within a note and it would be great if the date and time could be inserted where the cursor is last placed, instead of the end of each note.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
We had to make a choice, and we decided that it was more likely that someone would want to append the date and new data to the end of a note. If you want to insert it in the middle, you will need to cut and paste it, or use a 3rd party macro program like TextExpander to insert timestamps at the cursor location.
vivendom.budget

For me it will be very usefull to add timestamp feature to task notes too. Is it on your roadmap ?

Thank you!
ukz_

I've been whinging about the TAG thing recently so it's only fair I say thanks for updating this.
Dr George Brown

Posted: Mar 08, 2012
OK no problem thanks for the reply.
etraut

Posted: Mar 11, 2012
It seems like the tags now automatically get spaces inserted between them even when I typed them without spaces, AND the spaces count against the 64 character limit! I would prefer that the character limit be much larger, but if that's not going to happen, please prevent it from inserting spaces automatically.

I do like the de-duplication though.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 11, 2012
Yes, spaces are automatically added as part of the standardization process. I will see about omit the spaces to give you an extra few characters.
ndurantz

Posted: Mar 14, 2012
I just started using the tags feature and something that is driving me crazy is the case-sensitivity. Some tags I write in a case and they show up that way in the list. Other tags I choose to capitalize and they show up in lower case in the list or vice-versa. Why is this? Shouldn't the case of your tags be mirrored in the list? I know it really doesn't affect the functionality, but it is bugging me to no end.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 14, 2012
Tags are case insensitive. "TAG" and "tag" are the same tag. If you use a variety of cases for the same tag, then Toodledo doesnt know which one to use as the display value, so we just pick one at random.
porisna.sp Post deleted
SES21

Posted: Mar 24, 2012
Jake, what if you only retained the case used when the tag was first entered & always use that regardless of how it's typed in subsequent uses? Perhaps with an option somewhere to edit it in case we screw up the case the first time we type in that tag. I'd think that would be preferable to a random choice of various cases.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. What we will likely do is provide a way for someone to rename tags. So you could rename all tags of "TAG" to "tag". This is a more generic and powerful solution.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.