ForumsNewsToodledo for iOS downgraded

Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Chris_1361371303

Posted: Feb 20, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
So many people discuss about colors here - personally I really don't care about them, I'd like the new layout though.

Wouldn't it be a simple option to provide a few color schemes, and let the users choose which they want to apply? Most likely there will always be someone who complains anyways - so let them choose between a few schemes.
bcmyers

Score: 0 Reference
I was one of the more vocal critics of v 3.0 of the mobile app. Based on the screenshot Jake posted I don't think I love the re-redesign either. I'm not going to say why, though. Because it doesn't matter. I've tried everything and folks... some of you don't know how good we have it with Toodledo.

Long story short: in Dec I signed up to beta test some whiz-bang does-everything productivity app (I'm not going to name it because I don't want to derail this thread). It's been a nightmare and I've realized my productivity has tanked as a result of using this competing app. The final straw came when I read the app's privacy policy. I realized they're sharing personally identifiable data with partners (who are under "confidentiality agreements," as though that guarantees anything) in order to turn a buck. Screw that.

Toodledo isn't perfect. But I have tried upwards of 20 cloud-based productivity apps and Toodledo is the only that GETS IT. A productivity app should make you more productive, not get in your way. Toodledo was clearly designed with this in mind. Toodledo has an intuitive UI, and is customizable enough to suit the individual without requiring an advanced degree in computer science to figure the damn thing out. Moreover, Toodledo's privacy policy is a simple one: no sharing of personally identifiable data unless legally required to. I can live with that.

My search for the perfect productivity app is over. I'm in the process of migrating my tasks back to Toodledo and I feel like I've come home.

As far as the mobile app goes: I bet it will still be better than anything else I've tried. So... if there's stuff I don't like... whatever. We've got it good with Toodledo.
gmcdaniels

Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo Backend is Best in Class

The iPhone app has needed innovative change towards efficiency for the past year. There is NO need to question the power and validity of Toodledo's Backend, as more and more 3rd party mobile competitors integrate syncing with Toodledo.

In this thread, it sounds as though here lies the points some folks have been trying to make regarding Toodledo's iOS version, it's being passed by some of those 3rd party mobile apps, because their mobile UI have been OPTIMIZED with effective visual cues. Such as using more variation in the Apps' overall color palette for a more vibrant UI, markedly different colors for visually distinguishable Task hierarchy, manual sort with "Drag & Drop," more efficient Navigation with a slide out control Panel, increased screen real estate for displaying Tasks, and/or possibly the use of custom visual Tabs based on preferred sort (i.e. Folders, Contexts, Tags, Projects).

Offering the same Theme with various color schemes can ONLY accomplish so much and very likely NOT address the Mobile app interface issues of efficient Navigation, increased screen real estate for task lists, and visually distinguishable task hierarchy.

For those who didn't quite get that the iPhone app NEEDS a UI change, I hope the recent introduction of the new Mobile Web interface so closely replicating the Original iPhone app UI will be recognized by ALL those favoring the older iPhone app interface and will hopefully appease them.

I commend Jake and Toodledo for all of their hard work, writing code is tedious enough. But writing code to be adaptive for different interface needs while keeping all the wonderful seamless Backend functionality and satisfying the greatest number of customers is no easy chore.

I look "FORWARD" whatever the next iteration of Toodledo's iPhone app brings...

This message was edited Feb 20, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.