ForumsNewsToodledo Mac Menu Bar App

Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 28, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo now has a Mac application that will provide quick access to your to-do list from your Mac's menu bar.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/mac_menubar.php

If you have a Mac, you can now quickly add a task or review your to-do list without firing up your web browser. It works offline too, so you can manage your tasks without an internet connection and it will sync up when you reconnect.
Scott

Posted: Jun 28, 2013
Nice - it's like having the mobile site open but having it anchored to the menu bar and easily accessible (with keyboard shortcut!) is fantastic.

Thanks for this.

sb
gennad.zlobin

Posted: Jun 29, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Please make it possible to create a task using a shortcut like in Things, OmniFocus, Todo or Evernote.
I'd like to be able to do it without mouse/touchpad.
Thanks!
yoichi

Posted: Jun 30, 2013
I want to customize font size!
best,
Scott A

Posted: Jun 30, 2013
Hi

I am having issues with the app syncing. When I raised a ToodleDo ticket (Ticket #42946) I was told it was a 3rd party app and I should contact the company that made it (see quote below).

Can you confirm for me who that would be if it's not ToodleDo?

"Posted on Jun 30, 2013 05:21 by Toodledo:

Hello,

It looks like you're using a 3rd party app because Toodledo does not have a desktop app. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support for 3rd party apps. I suggest you contact the company that makes the 3rd party app and they should be able to assist you.

Thanks!"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 01, 2013
Our support was lagging a day behind. Sorry. Can you please follow up in the support ticket so that we can help you.
Scott A

Already done :-)
SyneRyder

This is great! Thanks for the offline support & for keeping compatibility with 10.6, so I can use it on my older Mac machines as well.

Some feature requests:
* Add a customizable keyboard shortcut that goes straight to the Add Task screen, and ideally hides the window after I type the task and click Enter.
* When adding a new task from the Home screen or shortcut, use the New Task Defaults set at Toodledo.com on my account (mine currently sets all new tasks as Low Priority).
* Add a way to delete a task... but I'm sure you're working on that!
melchizW

Posted: Jul 03, 2013
is this syncing with default browser or what ? I added a context in another browser ,refreshed the page and the add on doesn't show the context . Closed the add on and tried again , context still not showing in list of contexts ?

--could it be because I'm using the beta site ?

This message was edited Jul 03, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Try signing out of the app and then back in again. You can click on the gear button to signout.
Bonolono

Wow, this thing is really cool !!
jchmill

Posted: Jul 16, 2013
Running 10.6.8 Snow leopard, app won't run. Oh well...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, thats possible. We didn't test it that far back since we no longer have a machine running Snow Leopard.
drmaryann49

Posted: Jul 17, 2013
I love the idea of the menu bar app but it's not working out very well.

It doesn't appear to be syncing with the online version of the program so what's listed for "Today" is actually several days old and I can't figure out how to force a sync. Things that have been done aren't checked off and new tasks haven't been added. Consequently, the list isn't trustworthy and I need to go back to the online or iPhone version for my "real" to do list!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 17, 2013
If you signout and then signin again, it should resync everything. You can do this by clicking on the gear icon in the app. It should stay in sync, at least it does for me. I will have to look into this.
jchmill

Posted: Jul 19, 2013
Posted by Jake:
Yeah, thats possible. We didn't test it that far back since we no longer have a machine running Snow Leopard.

Anything I can do to help test it? (or do you not want to even get into going back this far?)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 19, 2013
With 10.9 coming soon, I do not think that we will spend the effort to make our app backwards compatible 3 versions back. Sorry.
mco

Posted: Aug 06, 2013
The menubar app fails on my up-to-date MBA. Either no response at all or states that it can't connect. I'd open a ticket on it, but at this point I'm really just a tourist visiting a place I used to live to see if I am interested in moving back here. Guess not.
SyneRyder

Posted: Aug 08, 2013
The Toodledo menubar app works great on Snow Leopard (10.6.8) for me, no problems. I have a MacBook 3,1, with 6GB RAM. It's completely changed how I use Toodledo & made me more productive. If there's an incompatibility, Snow Leopard isn't the problem.

For syncing, I always click on All Tasks when first using the app, and wait until it finishes loading (all 750+ items for me!). If I try jumping straight to Due Date or another category, it never syncs correctly for me.

If the menubar app isn't working for you, perhaps try TaskUnifier if you want a desktop Mac app for Toodledo: http://www.taskunifier.com/ It isn't pretty, and it's a Java app (eww!), but it's reliable and also has offline support & saved searches/views. I was using it a lot before the menubar app was released, and I may yet switch back if the menubar becomes unsupported on 10.6.
lawlist

Posted: Aug 17, 2013
Very nice idea -- please keep up the development of this application -- greatly appreciated !!!! :)

And, like the other user said, 10.6 compatability for all three of my computers is awesome. Many people still use Snow Leopard because it so reliable, and has access to older Rosetta apps.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.