ForumsNewsNew Section: Lists

New Section: Lists
epjmcm

Posted: Jan 06, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
Any update on when Lists and Outlines will be available in the mobile app and/or m.toodledo.com?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 06, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Outlines is already available in both our Android and iOS apps. Lists is coming soon.

Both will be available on our mobile website as well in a future update.
barb.bird.taylor

Posted: Feb 03, 2015
It is easy to add a list, but I cannot figure out how to print the list. When I click the print button, it just prints what is displayed--which is just the first few words in each column. I have 2 columns that are "list" and 2 that are "text"--I need to see everything I entered, and I cannot figure out how to see it all.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 03, 2015
Are you pressing the print button that belongs to your web browser, or the print button that is inside the Toodledo webpage that is next to the other icons (delete, share, clone, refresh, etc)? Which web browser do you have?
ann.gus

Posted: Feb 25, 2015
Score: 4 Reference
Any update on Lists coming to the iOS apps? I love the idea of the feature but it won't be helpful to me until I can access shopping and packing lists on my phone.
fey.stranger

Posted: Mar 01, 2015
Another thank-you and a vote for some sort of hierarchical functionality. I tend to group my list items (grocery by aisle or food type, packing lists by family member and item type, etc) so I think I'm going to put mine in Outlines for now. Still beats a plain note file!
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Apr 12, 2015
So, came back to Toodledo, found the lists - great!

Although it seems to kinda serve a similar to Tasks, but a lot more powerful since each list can have its own columns. In fact, lists might obsolete tasks for most of my own purposes once they become available for iOS.

I'm kinda left wondering why you chose to make lists something separate, rather than having per-folder configuration for tasks, which would essentially be the same thing.

Ah well, it's still a very good thing nonetheless. The competitor to Toodledo that I tried switching to ended up being klunky in the end, and Toodledo's lists now fills much of the functionality I desired to have.

"Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks"

I don't really know if people really want exact times (even if they say they do) as much as indications of progress.

Web development can be a slow thing sometimes, despite all the hubub about technology progressing faster than ever. Probably due to the fact that everything's about servers, databases and networking these days. Lots more overhead than software made in the '80s and '90s. I don't blame people for being impatient.

Lastly: I noticed that in a "Text (Long)" column, the tooltip containing the text disappears quickly when you try to move your mouse over it. This may not seem like undesired behavior at first, but in the case of long text, you can put links into it, which means it's desirable to be able to hover over the text to click on the link.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2015.
ken.michaud

Posted: Apr 15, 2015
Posted by jeremiah.moss:
I don't really know if people really want exact times (even if they say they do) as much as indications of progress.

Web development can be a slow thing sometimes, despite all the hubub about technology progressing faster than ever. Probably due to the fact that everything's about servers, databases and networking these days. Lots more overhead than software made in the '80s and '90s. I don't blame people for being impatient.

Strongly agree with this. I completely understand why you guys don't implement timelines; your explanation makes a lot of sense.

But how about this: along with every Progress Report, post (with appropriate disclaimers) roughly what we should expect in the near future. No need for specific times, but if it's a feature that you've internally committed to and are actively working on, why not make it public, with whatever degree of vagueness as to its description that you feel comfortable with?
ken.michaud

Posted: Apr 15, 2015
Something like this would be great, and you wouldn't need timelines or any such thing:

http://www.spiderscribe.net/app/?563c95b9a4bbfe7458034d5863d8bc23
Sabina A.

Posted: Apr 16, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add it to the list!
sarah451

Posted: Apr 30, 2015
Excellent!
I've been away from ToodleDo for a while and just came back to discover the List!
This is Awesome! A flexible database that I can use like HandiShopper or even SmartListToGo! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

This is as close to a really good, portable (on my pocket device/phone) as I've had since HandiShopper2 on Palm. That got ported to the Windows phone, but never to anything else, and I've been through, literally, a couple dozen list apps in hopes of finding a decent replacement, not just for groceries, but for the packing list, the thread colors I have so I don't buy duplicates when they are on sale, plants I want for the garden, you name it! And, as others have mentioned, some list makers are not bad, but either you can't import, you can't export, or the devs just lose interest and the app stagnates. Now, someone reliable gives me all bits and pieces I need and it runs on Windows, any broswer I can get to, and will be ported to a nice Android app.

So I want to add my vote for porting to Android, and check/uncheck everything that shows in the filtered list all at one time.

Thank you, thank you, again. I can hardly wait till it comes to Android. OMG, to have my "stuff" back in my hand again when I'm out, all in one place, organized the way I want it. I've already started bringing in my old lists (packing, thread, etc.) from Palm that I lovingly saved in CSV years ago ... hoping for a miracle.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2015.
rtobias

Posted: May 18, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Dear Toodledo,

Lists on your web interface have been around for a couple years now. When do you plan on adding them to your mobile platforms and iOS in particular so the can become (even more) useful?

(And please don't says "we'll add it to our to-do list." That was funny the first couple dozen times but not so much lately.)

Thanks,

Bob
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 18, 2015
We are nearly done. Starting to test it this week.
djahan86

Posted: May 26, 2015
That's great, thanks for the info.

I've seen that I'm supposed to be able to use Outlines, but I can't find a way. My system is android 4.1.2, my TD Version is 5.8.1 (132). Would be happy to read how to access it.

This message was edited May 26, 2015.
gijsbo2000

Posted: May 28, 2015
Posted by neildurant:
Posted by DeeDee:
I just love this new feature though it won't be useful for me until it comes to iOS.
Good job, thank you!

I feel the same - super useful new feature, but I'm probably not going to be able to use it until it's accessible via my Android phone, which I do most of my ToodleDoing on, which I guess means waiting for an API and waiting for 3rd party developers to get round to implementing it, if they ever do....

Isn't it time for an official ToodleDo Android app? :)

Couldn't agree more (although, and as far as I know, an official Android app does exist).
mrruz

Posted: May 29, 2015
Posted by gijsbo2000:
Posted by neildurant:
Posted by DeeDee:
I just love this new feature though it won't be useful for me until it comes to iOS.
Good job, thank you!

I feel the same - super useful new feature, but I'm probably not going to be able to use it until it's accessible via my Android phone, which I do most of my ToodleDoing on, which I guess means waiting for an API and waiting for 3rd party developers to get round to implementing it, if they ever do....

Isn't it time for an official ToodleDo Android app? :)

Couldn't agree more (although, and as far as I know, an official Android app does exist).

Yes, there's an official ToodleDo for android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle
djahan86

Posted: May 30, 2015
Jake, regarding what I've posted in this thread 3 days ago:

is this a bug and will be fixed, is this because of my android version or should I create a support ticket?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2015
@djahan86: The Outlines/Habits sections of our Android app require a newer version of the Android OS than you have installed.
djahan86

Posted: Jun 08, 2015
Thank you.

This message was edited Jun 08, 2015.
nelsondobar

Posted: Jun 10, 2015
Posted by Jake:
[quote]We are nearly done. Starting to test it this week.[/quote

In your experience, how long you think the test stage will last?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.