New Section: Lists
geraldooka

Posted: May 14, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks! That works.
betsys

Posted: Jun 04, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Just got an email urging me to use the new functionality online.

One of the things I value most about ToodleDo is that I can work online and also have the information in my hand on the phone or iPad. I am deliberately not using any features until they are available in iOS, because if I do, I will have info in one place that is not available to me away from the PC.

Looking forward to seeing these new features implemented in iOS!
Alessandro_1591420259

Posted: Jun 12, 2014
I would imagine Lists for most of us is limited until its available on the iPad and iPhone. After spending some time adding Lists to my app I sync'ed and looked at my iPad but alas nothing. It was only by coming to this forum that I discover its nya. Until it is could I suggest you annotate the Mac version to say it is nya on iOS so mobile people such as me do not waste their time adding Lists.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Jun 13, 2014
Our lists are growing every day and we need FILTERS for managing our information on the right way.

Recently you help me a little bit blocking headers.
Thank you for that.
But we need more.

Sorry for remembering you that again but i will apreciate this feature a lot.

Thanks.
Joan
gregg_1390233809

Posted: Jun 18, 2014
I guess I am going to have to skip using lists for now. It is not supported on Android and does not appear to be on m.toodledo.com either. If it was on the mobile web site, I'd be inclined to use that until the app supported it.

At least if the mobile site worked, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices could all use that until their respective apps were updated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2014
We are working hard to bring Lists and Outlines to the mobile apps. In the meantime, you can use your device's regular web browser to access those sections
wunderli

Posted: Jul 24, 2014
Posted by Jake:
The current limits are 100 Lists and 1000 items per list, although we may adjust this based on usage.

Both Lists and Outlines will be coming to iOS in the future.
wunderli

When ist the future?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are actively working on it. As soon as it is ready, we will release it.
tjstirn

"Actively working on it." for over a year now...

Please give us some indication of when this much needed functionality will be available on our mobile devices.
tjstirn

Posted by Jake:
We are working hard to bring Lists and Outlines to the mobile apps. In the meantime, you can use your device's regular web browser to access those sections

Nope, I can't see lists on my iPhone regardless of how I access the site. Right now, lists and outlines are worthless to me.
Dave

Jake, when you said to access lists through the site on the phone, did you mean the mobile site? I can't pull them up. Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you go to lists.toodledo.com or outlines.toodledo.com in the regular phone web browser you should be able to use it like a regular website.

Bringing Lists and Outlines to the apps is a huge project, so please be patient as we get everything working.
info_1336034862

Posted: Oct 13, 2014
You have provided the taste, now we want to get it to the apps too... Sorry, but pls hurry...

Other thing: The header area in the List section should stay visible even you scroll down (same procedure we know in Excel); pls implement that one soon!
Thx!!
vivendom.budget

Posted: Oct 14, 2014
Just a simple request

When i make a filter i can see how many lines are hidden.
Is it possible to indicate showed lines after filtering a list too?

thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
AA

Posted: Jan 02, 2015
I have just discovered the Lists feature, but it seems confusing.

I have added a "Text Long" column, but it's still extremely short (just as short as "Text Short"), and it only shows the first 2 words of my List item. How do I increase the width of the List column?

It says I should click the column heading, and then there are options there, including "Edit Column", sorting options, filter, etc.

However, this does not work on MacBook Air. When I click the column heading, and then move my finger down on the trackpad to click on "Edit Column" or sorting options, they immediately disappear. As soon as you move your finger on the trackpad just a little bit, those menu options are no longer there, so those menu options are not accessible at all on MacBook Air.

Please help. Thank you.

Edit: I have now also tried this on a Windows 7 desktop, using a classic point & click mouse, but the "Edit Column" menu item (as well as Filter and Sorting options) cannot be clicked with the mouse, either. As soon as you move your mouse towards a menu item (after clicking the column heading), all menu items disappear.

Edit 2: Wow! It's really funny, but the only way to reach those menu items is to access the desktop version of Lists using a mobile device (iPad, iPhone, whatever). On the mobile device, after you tap the column heading, the menu items below that remain in sight: you can then tap on "Edit Column" or the other options. But on a desktop or laptop computer (both Mac OS and Windows 7), this doesn't work.

This message was edited Jan 02, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Because the Lists section shows a grid of data, it isn't possible to show the entire contents of each "long text" field inside the tiny cell, so we show the first few works and then you can hover your mouse over (or click) the cell to read the rest.

Regarding the "edit column" menu not staying open. I was not able to reproduce this issue. I just tested on Mac Chrome, Safari and Windows Chrome, IE10, IE11 using a regular mouse. I'll have to test a laptop with a trackpad a little later since I don't have one right now. Maybe you could create a support ticket and help us reproduce this issue by giving us some additional details.
AA

Ah, yes, so it's a browser issue after all. I tested that in Opera both on Mac OS and Windows 7, and the menu just doesn't stay open there. It works fine in Chrome, though. Sigh. I find myself unable to let go of "classic Opera" (the one before the much-maligned switch to the Chromium engine) – it's been my default browser since the 90s. My fault, I guess. Sorry.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We don't support old versions of Opera. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.