ForumsNewsToodledo Channel for IFTTT

Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 24, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I don't think this is possible right now, but I'll put it on our todo list to investigate.
rdb78

Posted: Jul 31, 2014
Looking forward to doing some great workflows with IFTTT. Already have Siri -> Specific Reminder List -> Toodledo.

I currently use Toodledo starred tasks to indicate next actions. There is no starred action trigger in the IFTTT Toodledo channel though. Can this be added?

I'm hoping to pull my next actions list in Toodledo (basically starred tasks), into a specific list in iOS Reminders.

Edit:
<strike>I can also then use crossing it off in Reminders to complete the task back in Toodledo.</strike>

Scratch that part, you can't do that.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2014.
rdb78

Actually, even more useful for me than triggering off stars is to allow setting the context when the task is created via IFTTT. I can set tags via IFTTT recipe, it would be useful to set context as well.

Then I could populate context from specific iOS reminder lists.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
lizzysparks

Posted: Aug 04, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
Ok, so I realized it is only helpful to add tasks to google calendar, if they have a due date. Right now every task adds to my calendar when I create it. That doesn't work for me. I think I need a "New task with due date" trigger?
atu.hira

Posted: Aug 23, 2014
Today I will show you some tips on how to register Google calendar schedules as Toodledo tasks.

When registering tasks using IFTTT "Action" , you couldn't set "Due Date" or "Length" on Toodledo tasks, which was kind of annoying.

So, I tried combining IFTTT and Google Apps Script. Ta-da! Turns out you can retrieve task information accurately!

Below are step by step instructions on how to do it, try it out!

How to create a due date and length when adding a task on Toodledo using IFTTT
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/19453/0/how-to-create-a-due-date...

This message was edited Aug 23, 2014.
cngraham

Posted: Oct 31, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I created a recipe where if a Toodledo task is created it is added to my Google calendar on the due date. This is very useful for me because a calendar view of tasks helps me schedule future tasks (literally a calendar view, not the list calendar view that Toodledo does by default).

I'm running into two problems though:

1) If the due date of a task changes, it does not update the Google Calendar. I'm ok with 1 way sync (i.e., I can't change the Google calendar and expect Toodledo to update), but the feature is only useful if I change Toodledo then the calendar should update. Is this possible?

2) Tasks without due dates appear on the calendar as today. I can live with this if #1 can be fixed as they would update when due dates are added to them.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
1) IFTTT does not support 2-way syncing
2) This is also a limitation of IFTTT.

You might try using our Calendar syncing option instead of IFTTT for this. Its in our Tools section under "more".
cngraham

My issue with Calendar syncing is that the URL is public. I would love to do calendar syncing if it was behind the Toodledo log-in.
dennis

Posted: Nov 20, 2014
Posted by lizzysparks:
... I think I need a "New task with due date" trigger?

Agreed. Without the ability to add a date, the IFTTT feature is no good for me. I view task by due date and anything without a date is lost.
lldanj

Posted: Jan 09, 2015
i would love to see context and location added as "ingredients". Great tool!
M

Posted: Mar 06, 2015
Are task defaults not always working, when a task is added via IFTTT? My STATUS and START DATE defaults seem to not be taken.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 06, 2015
This is currently by design. If you would like the defaults to apply to IFTTT as well, we will add that to our todo list.
M

Posted: Mar 07, 2015
I'd either need defaults to apply to IFTTT inputs, or have those fields (start date and status) be available to modify through recipes.
andres.f.perez

Posted: Mar 31, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
I can't seem to add any recipes that create a toodledo task. The required field 'Add to folder' is not populating with my folders but instead with the message "Options unavailable, please try again later!"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This should be fixed now. You may have to wait a few minutes for IFTTT to pick up the fix.
andres.f.perez

Works! Many thanks :)
julianr_33

Posted: Aug 18, 2015
Hi, love Toodledo and starting to get the hang of IFTTT which certainly helps productivity. In terms of tracking important measurables, and chance we can get the "Timer" totals added as an ingredient?

I have a recipe set up that emails me a weekly summary of the tasks I complete. The rub is that I want the timer values for each task to be included in the email, but there is no provision for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.