ForumsNewsUpdate to filters

Update to filters
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 22, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
We've made some updates to task filters.

1) The "Show/Hide future tasks" filter is now available if you use the start-date field but don't use the due-date field.

2) There is a new filter for subtasks. You can choose to have subtasks either nested or flattened out by default. Previously, subtasks were always flattened, except in the folder view where they were nested. Now, you can select which behavior you want.

If you choose "flattened" you can always re-nest subtasks on a case by case basis by clicking the icon adjacent to the task. Be careful if you use the nesting behavior. With nesting turned on, subtasks will always be hidden under their parent task. This can make it very easy to forget about a subtask that has an approaching due-date if you don't toggle the parent to look inside.
kleerkoat

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
excellent, thank you for the defaulted nested tasks!
Gummi

Posted: Oct 24, 2008
Holy bejeezuz, that's excellent. It always bugged me a little bit not being able to nest all subtasks.

Thanks again for excellent updates.
Jon

Posted: Oct 28, 2008
Unfortunately, I preferred the old version where they were always nested in the folder view and always flattened everywhere else. That made complete sense to me. Now I have to keep pushing the toggle button to replicate this as I go from folder to main. Oh well, you can't please everyone all the time...

Jon
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Jon, You should be able to keep it exactly the way you had it before. The behavior is entirely backwards compatible. Just go to the Folders view and set the filter to be nested. Then set the filter to be flattened in all the other views. The filters are stick on a per-view basis, so once you set this up, you'll never need to toggle it again.
Jon

Posted: Oct 31, 2008
Ahh, I didn't realize it could be different for each view - I was thinking it was the same everywhere. Thanks for the tip!

Jon
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.