ForumsNewsBetter Calendar Syncing

Better Calendar Syncing
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 19, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
We have just upgraded our calendar syncing tools which should make it more reliable, and useful.

1) Google Calendar will now pick up changes to tasks made on Toodledo. Google still takes up to 24 hours to fetch and process your changes, but they will eventually get there. After much trial and error, we have determined that it is impossible to force Google to fetch your data more frequently, so we will all have to live with the 24 hour refresh cycle of Google Calendar.

2) If you have set an alarm in Toodledo, that alarm will now be synced to your calendar and you'll get alarms through your calendar software as well as via Toodledo's alarm system. Some calendars don't support alarm syncing (Google).

3) Contexts are now synced as "Resources". Some calendars don't support resources (Google, Apple iCal).

4) Locations are now synced (Google only partially supports locations).

5) More information about the task is now included in the notes.

6) The URL for each task will now point back to a page on Toodledo where you can see that one specific task that you clicked on.
Technocrap

Score: -1 Reference
Thank You,

In the meanwhile, That remind me of someone asking for : "iCal Tasks Import" upload button to accept a Google iCal URL"

Honestly, any chance we're to get this ?

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5471/-29085/automatic-import-
from-google-calendar-to-toodledo.html

This message was edited Nov 19, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
This is still on the to-do list.
wwwolf

Posted: Nov 20, 2010
Thank You very much! It was working awfully with repeated tasks. I was waiting for this! So I will test it as soon, as I'll have some free time. You are really great team. I will certainly stay with You for the next year.
ralf.keimer

Posted: Nov 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Forums,

while aparently updated tasks are showing, the overall performance at least with Google-Calendar is lacking.
No longer the tasks are showing as all day events, but as events starting at 0:00 with 0 duration, which results in being invisible in week and day views of the calendar.

When giving an defined due time the tasks are showing at that time.

I preferred the all day events, just to give feedback.

Regards Ralf Keimer

This message was edited Nov 21, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for pointing out this difference. I have just made a change that will correct this. Once Google refreshes the data (up to 24 hours), dated tasks without times should now appear as all-day events.
asillis

Posted: Nov 24, 2010
I think I have a similar problem to Ralf Keimer (below), but I'm using iCal.
Some (not all) of my tasks have suddenly started being displayed as timed events lasting all day (obscuring all other events). The Toodledo task settings have not been changed and still show with a due date but 'no due time', but this is not what I get in iCal.
I'm syncing this to the App on an iPod Touch. The iPod does show everything I'm expecting.

Advice?

Andrew Sillis

----------------------------------

Posted by ralf.keimer:
Hi Forums,

while aparently updated tasks are showing, the overall performance at least with Google-Calendar is lacking.
No longer the tasks are showing as all day events, but as events starting at 0:00 with 0 duration, which results in being invisible in week and day views of the calendar.

When giving an defined due time the tasks are showing at that time.

I preferred the all day events, just to give feedback.

Regards Ralf Keimer

This message was edited Nov 24, 2010.
svtlana.lv

Posted: Nov 26, 2010
Was using public ics links in my thunderbird (as readonly calendar). starting from today calendar is marked with yellow exclamation mark and nothing is shown in calendar. When trying to open link with yandex calendar - it always says password is wrong. Outlook and thunderbird - are not showing any events in calendar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2010
Ok, I think we have fine-tuned it so that multi-day events should work better now. Please refresh your calendar (or wait for Google to do it) and then let us know if you are still having problems.
paulp

Posted: Dec 05, 2010
Is there any plan to fix the bug whereby when I view my Toodledo to-do list in Outlook calendar using iCal I see the tasks appear as starting at 00:00 (and therefore not visible without scrolling), rather than appearing as all-day appointments?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 05, 2010
We will look into it.
aktaplin

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
I for one just want to say this is great, and 24 hours sync is definitely something I can live with. Thanks for making such a useful tool.
Adhocracy

Posted: Jan 11, 2011
I have events that repeat weekly in Toodledo.

For some reason, in Google Calendar, they repeat multiple times on the same day and every day.

I now turn Toodledo off in GCal so I can view other events.

Any ideas on solving this issue?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 11, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
rocky.collins

Posted: Jan 19, 2011
I would love to be able to send one specific tasks (event) to the Google calendar on a case-by-case basis.

This would be more useful to me than an all-or-nothing approach.
I use Toodledo for tasks and "todos" (some of which have dates) and I use Google Calendar for Appointments or events. When all 25 of today's tasks show up in the Calendar, I simply ignore them. But I would love to just send one event (doctor's appointment, lunch date, etc.) from toodledo to the calendar without having to open up the calendar.

Even more useful would be the option to send to a specific calendar because I share different calendars with work colleagues and my wife, but I don't share toodledo.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
rocky.collins

Posted: Jan 20, 2011
thanks!
FYI, I just started using toodledo a month ago and it has greatly improved the quality of my life and work. So many thanks.
dc_1293738775

Posted: Feb 04, 2011
I second this request.
Tasks are tasks and appointments are appointments...but sometimes, not all the time, they overlap.

Posted by rocky.collins:
I would love to be able to send one specific tasks (event) to the Google calendar on a case-by-case basis.

This would be more useful to me than an all-or-nothing approach.
I use Toodledo for tasks and "todos" (some of which have dates) and I use Google Calendar for Appointments or events. When all 25 of today's tasks show up in the Calendar, I simply ignore them. But I would love to just send one event (doctor's appointment, lunch date, etc.) from toodledo to the calendar without having to open up the calendar.

Even more useful would be the option to send to a specific calendar because I share different calendars with work colleagues and my wife, but I don't share toodledo.

Thanks
sabaxx

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
I recently found the feature of displaying to-do-tasks in iCal (besides real dates).

Thats wonderful and a feature I was looking forward for years!
In my opinion it closed the gab between dates and todos which are handled in different ways although there are very similar things (time spent...).

But is this a bug? (maybe already known - I found nothing so far in this forum):

If I have a todo at 8 am which takes 30 min, its shown in iCal as 7:30 to 8.00.
So the the start time and the end time seem to be mixed up.....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 17, 2011
If the task has a due-time of 8:00 and a length of 30 min, then we calculate the start time to be 7:30. If the start-time is 8:00 and a length of 30 minutes then we calculate the due-time to be 8:30.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.