ForumsNewsNew feature: Collaboration Alerts

New feature: Collaboration Alerts
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Today we are happy to release a frequently requested feature: Collaboration Alerts.

With collaboration alerts, it is now possible to be notified whenever someone edits your to-do list, or when a task that you have assigned to someone else gets modified.

Every important action performed by a collaborator is logged. You can view this log by going to the "Sharing" section at the top of the left sidebar and then clicking the "Track Changes" link. From here you will also have the option of receiving an email alert when new actions are added to the list.
Kyle

Posted: Feb 12, 2011
Great idea thank you. The only problem is when I assign a task to a collaborator it does not show. Even if they modify the notes on it, or if they complete the task. Help please>
Kyle

When the collaborator logs in they can see the task on the "sharing" - "my tasks" - "track changes" part of their account., but I can't see it on the "sharing" - "track changes" of my account for "collaborators tasks".

Thanks for your help.
Kyle

One more thought, would it be possible to have the "track change" track when a collaborator edits a task I have given them?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 13, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
The "track changes" feature is supposed to display things that happened to tasks that you may not be aware of otherwise. When you assign a task to someone, this isn't displayed for you because you will know that you just did it. It is tracked for them, since they may not know.

We also don't currently track edits to tasks you assigned to other people because we thought that this might create too much noise. We will reevaluate this decision after some time and see if this is the case.
JCarl

I hope that you will consider soon an option to see tasks that were assigned to other people without going all over the collaborators. This would be an option on the Me screen to see both Assignor for task assigned to Me and Assignee for tasks assigned to others. To take the Assigned tasks off a managers Me is not as effective of a dashboard. I also hope you add the ability to assign tasks to multiple collaborators.
Thanks
Kyle

The main reason that I would like to see what I have assigned, is you lose that information, unless you clone it, and that would be unnecessary if it were tracked. In addition, I assign a lot of tasks, and sometimes, fail to remember what task went where. Looking in one spot, and not having to jump from collaborator to collaborator would be way more ideal.

Your product is great, these tweaks would be specifically helpful for us though. We have begun looking at products like stacks, nozbe, and powerme to see if they can do a better job.

Let me know.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 14, 2011
Being able to see all the tasks that you have assigned, is something that we plan to add, but it will go in a different area than the track changes, which was meant to do a different thing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.