ForumsQuestionsassigning and reassigning tasks

assigning and reassigning tasks
mn_1303422305

Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
OK, so after searching through the forums I can see that this question has been asked, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. I have shared my list with a member of my team. we are both pro users. I have turned on 'assignor' in settings.

Still, when I try to 'reassign' a task I see 'myself' as the only option. What am I missing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 26, 2011
If "myself" is the only option then it means that your collaborator has not given you permission to assign tasks to them. They will need to go into their account and give you permission first.
mn_1303422305

Posted: Apr 28, 2011
Thank you. When we did that, however, assigning the task to someone else makes the task disappear from my list. This is not good. The workaround is that instead of assigning tasks, we tag them with the people.

The basic problem behind this and other problems that users are having seems to be how subtasks are handled related to top level tasks. For the way we work (and it sounds like others on this forum), we want the top level task to be a project, behaving more like a subfolder than a task.

Subtasks on their own and when taken out of context of the top task (project) are not useful.

I would suggest 3 things in your future development:

1. that when we assign a task, it moves to the other person along with the top task.
2. we have an option that says, 'Show all tasks/show only tasks assigned to you'
3. tasks always appear underneath the top task it is associated with.

I hope you find this helpful.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 28, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
mn_1303422305

Posted: Apr 30, 2011
Thank you for your response
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.