ForumsQuestionsPlease Help Me Hide Tomorrow's Tasks

Please Help Me Hide Tomorrow's Tasks
david

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to follow GTD. I use the Toodledo context view - I keep "Future Tasks" checkbox unchecked - however Toodledo keeps showing tomorrow's tasks!!! Why? They are tomorrows problem! If I wanted to know about them today, I would make them today's tasks.

I like to keep task management as simple as possible. I like to keep things strictly to the GTD method - without other unnecessary options of fields cluttering my lists and data entry screen.

I *DO NOT* wish to use Start Date as this adds and extra
* element of complexity I don't need
* step to think about every time I create or manage tasks
* column on the list view I don't want to see

Is there something I'm missing, or some other workaround for this?
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Hi david,

if you have the start date disabled and you want to leave tomorrow tasks then you must use due date modifiers (from the help):

Due date modifiers can be selected when entering a due date.
Due by:
This is the default value. It means that a task must be due before this date passes. - this is what happening, because when its due until tomorrow that means you can still do it today.

Due on:
Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by setting it to be due "on" the date. The abbreviation for this is an equals sign in front of the date. - this is what you want.

Due after:
Sometimes a task cannot be completed until after a specific duedate. You can use the "due after" option (abbreviated by ">") to tell Toodledo the earliest date that this task can be completed.

Optionally on:
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

Tasks that use a due-date modifier will not show up on your hotlist until they are due (unless they have a high enough priority). If you use a due-date modifier and the task is more than 1 week in the future, it will also be hidden from your other lists unless you turn on the "Show Due in the Future" filter. The exception is that even if you use a due-date modifier, tasks will not be hidden when in the "Due-Date" view, or when using the "Search" view to find future tasks.
DarylGriffiths

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Alternatively, you may be able to hack your hotlist to suit:

Help topic here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=1
Folke X

Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Yes, you can change the settings for the hotlist (use due date setting "withing 1 days"), or:

Create your own hotlist as a saved search. This is easy, and it allows you to include or exlude whatever you like, for example you can disregard priority, filter out certain tags or whatever. Just do a new search and then press the save button.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.