ForumsQuestionsProblem inserting link to Evernote Note in Toodledo Note

Problem inserting link to Evernote Note in Toodledo Note
martingchapman

Posted: Oct 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Evernote provides a direct hyperlink to every note which looks like this;
evernote:///view/5581564/s52/e707397f-3922-4684-ab51-d44953c1db25/e707397f-3922-4684-ab51-d44953c1db /

If I paste this link into a Toodledo Task note it does not get converted to a hyperlink.
If I try putting "http://" or "https://" in front TDo converts it to a link but it does not work.
If I add the normal html hyperlink tags so it looks like this;
<a h_ref="evernote:///view/5581564/s52/f163e0e0-4c17-4f05-9b39-237985dd7e18/f163e0e0-4c17-4f05-9b39-237 985dd7e18/"> (without the underscore) it still does not work.

If I make it look like this;
<a h_ref="evernote:///view/5581564/s52/f163e0e0-4c17-4f05-9b39-237985dd7e18/f163e0e0-4c17-4f05-9b39-237 985dd7e18/">Evernote<a/> (without the underscore)
It changes to a link with the text "Evernote<a/>" Toodledo appears to recognise it as a link which works but is adding an extra <a_/> (without the underscore) to the link.

If I paste the link from Evernote into a Word document then Word converts it to a link and displays it as "Evernote", if I click on the link it opens the note.

Any ideas how I can get Toodledo to act in the same way as Word?

Thanks for any suggestions - Martin.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 16, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
An evernote link will not work because evernote:// is not a standard url scheme like http is. However, this is on our to-do list since a lot of people use evernote as well as Toodledo.
jongerdenap.logica

Posted by Toodledo:
An evernote link will not work because evernote:// is not a standard url scheme like http is. However, this is on our to-do list since a lot of people use evernote as well as Toodledo.

You just made me very happy.
martingchapman

Posted by Toodledo:

Thank you very much for the quick and honest response.
I look forward to the update to Toodledo when it becomes available.

Also, well done for such a fantastic program.

I use MYN to manage my life and Toodledo is by far the best program to use (I have recently come back from Remember the Milk, following your recent interface upgrade and MYN integration).

Martin.
phil

Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Looking forward to the evernote:// link integration. Thanks guys :o)

Currently I put the evernote:// in the task's note text, and just use copy paste in to a new tab in my browser and that then opens it the Evernote desktop app.

Incidentally I use the permanent link of a task to paste in to Evernote so I get a nice 2-way link. Maybe there's a betterway, but that's how I do it! :)

This message was edited Nov 04, 2011.
Alberto Martinez

Posted: Nov 13, 2011
Phil, here you are a workaround until full integration will be provided by Toodledo and/or Evernote:

I have just discovered other way when Evernote Windows client is not installed and it is valid for Android device as well (tested!).

Use the Evernote Web page, Go to the note you want to get a reference.
Right-click and chose View Page Source. It opens a new tab.
In the URL address bar copy everything except the beginning "view-source:"
Copy the URL to the note field of the Toodledo Task.
When clicked it opens the Evernote web page with the note.

Regards

Posted by phil:
Looking forward to the evernote:// link integration. Thanks guys :o)

Currently I put the evernote:// in the task's note text, and just use copy paste in to a new tab in my browser and that then opens it the Evernote desktop app.

Incidentally I use the permanent link of a task to paste in to Evernote so I get a nice 2-way link. Maybe there's a betterway, but that's how I do it! :)
Folke X

Actually you do not have to replace anything in the URL. If you use the browser version and click on a note, then just copy the whole url just as you would with any other web page. It works for me, anyway.
Alberto Martinez

Yes, you are right, it works for me too. Easier & Faster way

Posted by Folke X:
Actually you do not have to replace anything in the URL. If you use the browser version and click on a note, then just copy the whole url just as you would with any other web page. It works for me, anyway.
mkmuc

Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:

Remember the Milk has "evernote://" as a standard url since a couple of weeks already. It works like a charm. Please hurry up.
mkmuc

Posted: Dec 05, 2011
Here is a way to get a http:// link via right-click on a Evernote desktop note and "share/copy shared note url":

https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1655&hitOffset=133+128+118+107+99+9 8+94+91+81+78+71+68+64+61+56+38+35+33+32+27+24+14+10+6+1&docID=2839

This message was edited Dec 05, 2011.
Dave

Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Would love to have the ability to click Evernote links. Works excellent in remember the milk, but dig Toodledo more. If this was implemented would third party apps need to add support for it in mobile or would it just work right away?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 29, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Each 3rd party app would need to handle this themselves, in fact, they don't have to wait for us.

This is still on our to-do list.
martingchapman

Posted: Jan 03, 2012
I know you have been busy and the results of all this work are just great, so well done the Toodledo Team.

Is there any way of promoting this request up the to-do list??

Thanks for reading - Martin.
mark_hot_sun

Posted: Jan 27, 2012
I would love to see integration with Evernote and Toodledo. When Evernote did away with the 'paper tape' paradigm and along with it templates and whatnot in their newer releases, it changed Evernote from a killer app to just another productivity app, since I used it a lot for to do lists.

I haven't been properly able to manage my tasks until I gave Toodledo a try. It isn't perfect, but it works very well for my needs, well enough that I am using the paid version. Plus the HP Touchpad app for this is AMAZING (better than the web interface, IMO).
Salgud

Posted: Jan 27, 2012
I would love to see integration with Evernote and Toodledo. When Evernote did away with the 'paper tape' paradigm and along with it templates and whatnot in their newer releases, it changed Evernote from a killer app to just another productivity app, since I used it a lot for to do lists.

I agree. In fact, on my Windoze machine at work, I still use the old standalone 2.8x. It has features the new one still doesn't, and probably won't, have. Unfortunately, it's getting long in the tooth, and one of my favorite features, the ability to have my launcher, Executor, bring up an individual note, is no longer functioning. I imagine it won't be long before it really doesn't work at all, since it hasn't been upgraded in what, 4 years? What will I replace it with, and how will I get over 4Mb (>500 notes) into it's replacement? I'm not looking forward to that.

I use the new one on my Mac at home and on my iPhone, and it's just ok, but nothing special.
Al Briggs

Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
+1
Dave

Posted: Mar 02, 2012
Just realized that Evernote links work perfect in both of the iOS apps! This is great news. Hope that one of the Android apps and the web client implement it soon.
Salgud

Am curious. I only know of one TD iOS app, the TD app. They have another?
Dave

Sorry I meant on iphone and ipad
Christopher Sol

Posted: Jun 20, 2012
+1 from me. I've been a Toodledo user for a while. I just left for a couple of months to experiment with Zendone. The app looks great but is missing too many features that Toodledo has. However, the Evernote integration is awesome. Just having the Evernote link support in the web app would be plenty for me. Looking forward to it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.