ForumsQuestionsSynching Subtasks with Parents settings

Synching Subtasks with Parents settings
Bernd73

Posted: Dec 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

when i e.g. do some brain storming and put all tasks in my "To Be Processed" folder, i want to organize in a second step all the tasks. Often i put subtasks to a main task and want to have all subtasks using the same folder as the main task. Therefore I need a kind of sync feature whenever an attribute on the main task is changed that all subtasks also changes autoamtically this attribute.

Is this possible or any workaround? Thanks for helping
JPR

This is one of the drawbacks of using a specific "To Be Processed" or "Inbox" folder.... the task will keep its folder when dragged to be a subtask. If you convert your TBP folder to "No Folder" , when you drag the task it will inherit the parent's folder.

The other option is to brainstorm in a note field (one subtask per line) and then cut and paste into the "Add Multiple Tasks" feature from Add Subtask.
Bernd73

Ah OK, thanks for this information. Folder is important not the only problem beside from your great workaround but eg when all my subtasks due on the same day it would be very convenient to change just the date of the Parent.

Oh, another workaround pops up in my mind: what about a quick search and perform a multi edit?? I will give it a try...
JPR

Posted: Dec 16, 2011
I use the star field for two purposes: 1) a quick way to get tasks onto my Hotlist and 2) a quick way to select items for multi-edit in Search. I have a saved search (Checked = No, Starred = Yes) for multi-editing.
Bernd73

Posted: Dec 16, 2011
Thats a workaround. Thank you for that. Very useful, nevertheless, i hope that Toodledo will implement an adequate multi-editing out of the box.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.