ForumsQuestionsEditing Multiple Tasks - Without a Search

Editing Multiple Tasks - Without a Search
garyo

Posted: Mar 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Just want to add my voice to the chorus: now that we have tag completion, subtasks, sorting, and all the other goodies set up so nicely, multi-select is my #1 feature request. (Search is not helpful to me for this, because I often have a "random" bunch of things to update. Now I just do it one at a time.)
Kai

Posted: Apr 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Completely agree. I was amazed that an easily accessible multi-edit mode doesn't exist yet.
tobsen2000

Posted: Apr 26, 2010
multi click edit is a must. iam coming from RTM and loved the multi click there. in fact, its the only thing, which keep me away from totaly switching. i am using both services now, but only because toodleo is better syncing to my palm pre.
please, add multi edit without search. its all about time saveing.
bobmurdock

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
I am amazed that with all the power of this application and the length of time this seems to have been identified as an issue that it is still not resolved. I am a RTM Pro user and would really love to switch but this one feature is what is keeping me from making the move. I frequently have to reschedule multiple items and the search functionality is not a reasonable alternative as it is frequently impossible to construct a search that only returns the items to be rescheduled.
dthompson_3

Posted: Aug 27, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Amen from another user. This is a really basic request. Checkout the way salesforce.com allows for multiple in-line edits for a good example.

One other off-topic suggestion, please change the name, its a little to quirky.

Otherwize this app is awesome!!!! Thanks so much for the free version. Love the iphone app. I am close to upgrading. . . .
papagayo

Posted: Sep 03, 2010
Please, please add multi-edit without search. I often just want to postpone multiple events at once ("something came up, now I need to move everything from Friday to Monday"...sometimes that means changing 20 dates manually).

I'm also moving from RTM to TD, mostly because RTM doesn't support Appigo anymore.

This seems like a giant fail that it's taken so long to implement such a simple feature.
Captain_Obvious

Posted: Sep 04, 2010
@nickcaggiano
This is a compromise that does what you want.:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/7289/0/multi-edit-workaround-stars-temp-multi-edit-restar.html

2do, Appigo Todo and Taska app have multi-edit capability. (for what it's worth)
john

Posted: Sep 06, 2010
Just wnat to add my voice to the consensus here. To be able to multi edit several items at once without doing a serach just by checking a box or ctrl click seems to me a basic thing. Please implement this.
papagayo

Posted: Sep 09, 2010
Posted by Captain_Obvious:
@nickcaggiano
This is a compromise that does what you want.:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/7289/0/multi-edit-workaround-stars-temp-multi-edit-restar.html

2do, Appigo Todo and Taska app have multi-edit capability. (for what it's worth)

Thanks for the advice. I took a look at this, and wrote a Greasemonkey script that allows you to 'star' the tasks you want to edit, then edit the due-date for those tasks. Hope someone finds it useful. It's a rough draft, but working well for me. Let me know if you have any issues.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85745
jraggio

Posted: Sep 22, 2010
Adding my two cents. This really is a must have. I am using RTM now and am thinking of moving as there are some things in the RTM interface that bother me. Actually the one problem I often have involve multiselect ;-) I sometimes makes changes to more than one item by mistake when I single click an item to view its details and then change an attribute it often affects more items than I wanted.

That being said I want multi select for TD so that I can select a bunch of items and move them to a folder or add a tag. I often enter a bunch of random tasks with topics only and then file them in bulk to RTM lists. I need to be able to do the same in TD for it to be an option for me.

Thanks,
John
cj.sonofjohn

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
I want to add my additional request for a multiple task line edit function. Today I decided to restructure how I organized/labeled my tasks and this one feature would be a HUGE benefit. I am severely disappointed that Toodledo does not have this.

I am currently trying to find a good work task manager in the form of GTD methodology and decided to give Tooledo a longer term look (ie pay the yearly Pro rate and evaluate it again after 1 year of use) then reevaluate this when it expires.

Its much requested (and hugely beneficial) functions like multiple line edit functions that would help push me towards staying with Tooledo LONG TERM.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
Please note that this Greasemonkey script written by papagayo works quite fine for editing multiple tasks, using the original idea of having just two checkboxes - they anyway look entirely different so wouldn't be a problem.
r k

Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Yes please. Multi-edit would be very, very, very useful

This message was edited Apr 26, 2011.
jay5w

Posted: May 01, 2011
You wouldn't need two check boxes. Just allow tasks to be selected by clicking on the name. Then use standard Ctrl or Shift to select multiple.
Salgud

Posted: May 02, 2011
Posted by jay5w:
You wouldn't need two check boxes. Just allow tasks to be selected by clicking on the name. Then use standard Ctrl or Shift to select multiple.

But you'd still need some kind of indicator to tell you which ones are selected.
chrisduque.hn

Posted: May 15, 2011
I am new to GTD metodology and I started with RTM, but looking for a sync To Do list, I found Toodledo. I have to be honest, that you still dont improve this is a really shame, I was going to pay the pro today but now I will be looking for another app that is more user friendly and some app that answer their customers, I cant believe that I am reading posts from 2009 and now it is may 2011 and you havent done anything to this request.

shame on you!
Salgud

Posted: May 31, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
I agree. Shame on you TD developers! But not for the same reasons as others. I think you should be ashamed for not fixing the things I WANT FIXED, because, obviously, whatever I want fixed is the most important thing needing fixing. Doesn't everyone know that by now?
Joy.Livingwell

Posted: Jun 14, 2011
I've been using ToodleDo as a tickler for about 1 month.

The biggest problem I have with it is that I can't MANUALLY select a batch of items for editing. For instance, I have 10 items to do today, and I want to move 3 of them to Thursday and 4 to next Monday. I can't do that via a search. And manually changing them is a huge hassle.

This missing feature is such a big deal -- such a severe and time-consuming bottleneck in my workflow -- that I am going to start looking at other task-management systems this week.

It's ridiculous not to have this, especially in software that is otherwise so good. And ludicrous to avoid implementing it simply because of the interface's existing checkbox-completion feature. Figure out a workaround, people, and make it happen.
idxman01

Posted: Jun 15, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
I think you should be ashamed for not fixing the things I WANT FIXED, because, obviously, whatever I want fixed is the most important thing needing fixing.

Finally, a post that makes sense.

Though I think this is a great idea with being able to multi-edit without setting up a search. I know it's not that time consuming, but I want to edit what's sitting right there on the screen and not go figure out what criteria would group everything together.
paul

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Still hoping for multi-edit a some point.

Much of what needs to be said has been. What is the developers position on this these days?

"Never, ever, ever, ever...." or...

"It's on the list but not a high priority?" or...

...something else?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.