ForumsQuestionsEditing Multiple Tasks - Without a Search

Editing Multiple Tasks - Without a Search
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
You can already multi-edit from the search page, but multi-edit everywhere is still on our to-do list.
pabloayllon

Posted: Oct 28, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
we need the multi-edit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cj

Posted: Oct 28, 2011
+1
Really need this! So much so, that I am starting the OTD movement (Occupy ToodleDo) until we get what we want ...

This message was edited Oct 28, 2011.
paul

Posted: Oct 31, 2011
+1.

This is something that would really enhance my day-to-day use of TD.

Thanks for a great program, and keeping this in your development funnel.
cj

Posted: Oct 31, 2011
+1

Multiedit everywhere ...
(along with searches with filters/sorting that is unique just to that search

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011.
sp1

Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Another +1, this just seems to keep cropping up and doing things via search is clunky.
Kevin_1321990913

Posted: Nov 22, 2011
Is there a way we can have a particular filtered view automatically push it's current state to a Search? That way we can reuse the multi-edit there.

But seriously, the multi edit everywhere is a huge issue.

I too come from RTM. No question TD > RTM, but multi edit is needed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2011
This isn't possible, but thanks for the suggestion.
fedorvinogradov

Posted: Dec 16, 2011
Can you explain why this isn't possible? Even if there's a userscript for this feature.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 16, 2011
This isn't possible because we have not built it yet, but we could build it in the future and we may do so.
haniramzi1

Posted: Jan 22, 2012
what and how long do you guys need to build it ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 23, 2012
Unknown at this point.
paul

Posted: Feb 14, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
You can already multi-edit from the search page, but multi-edit everywhere is still on our to-do list.

Multi-select / multi-edit is now a feature in "ultimate to-do list" v1.5, an Android partner mobile client for Toodledo. And it's implemented very well. Simple but effective. This functionality is included in their mobile and tablet version.

So those who are on Android now can somewhat call this problem solved, BUT it keeps you away from the TD interface (now used as my secondary).

Their software also does the best implementation of mobile tasks I have seen (and I've looked a lot) allowing you to set target destination diameter and persistent alarms (nagging). Both I would like to see in Toodledo. Somehow they also managed to sync the settings for these across clients (say one on phone an done tablet) through toodledo.

**I should note I am just passing along my experiences and I have not affiliation with the company**

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012.
andrew_1319232514

Posted: Feb 17, 2012
Someone (thank you) wrote a plugin and userscript to edit multiple todos. Unfortunately it doesn't do what I want it to do (place many todos under a folder), but it's a good start.

http://www.priacta.com/forum/discussion/1044/tip-how-to-mass-edit-toodledo-items-without-using-their -stupid-multi-edit/p1

This message was edited Feb 17, 2012.
Michael_49

Posted: Feb 19, 2012
Posted by paul:

Multi-select / multi-edit is now a feature in "ultimate to-do list" v1.5, an Android partner mobile client for Toodledo. And it's implemented very well. Simple but effective. This functionality is included in their mobile and tablet version.

Paul, I'm using version 1.6.4 of "Ultimate to do list". How do you do the multi select you refer to?

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012.
paul

Posted: Feb 20, 2012
Posted by mickeyVee:
Posted by paul:

Paul, I'm using version 1.6.4 of "Ultimate to do list". How do you do the multi select you refer to?

mickeyVee, sorry for the delay, and confusion. 1.5 is the tablet version, the phone version with multi-select is v1.7. On both, just hit the menu button on the task list of your choice and it's one of the 6 options. You should have or will soon be prompted to update via the android market. Enjoy.
AlanW_2

Posted: Aug 17, 2012
Why don't you export and then edit the list and re-import the to do list items? That alone would be well worth the annual subscription!

Posted by Tyler:
Just want to add my vote for an easy-to-access multi-edit that doesn't require using search.

Related Note -- I love how feature-rich TD is, but the UI is consistently limited to editing/moving single tasks at a time, greatly increasing mouse clicks. Would love it if multi-edit feature was as simple as highlighting/checking off/marking a bunch of tasks in a list and being able to do something all at once to those tasks (move them as subtasks, change their folder, tags, etc.) I find myself making notes on paper first and then entering because that way I don't have to get distracted by moving single tasks around.

Posted by Toodledo:
Sorry, thats the way it currently works. The checkbox is for competing the task. If we had two checkboxes (one for checking it off and another for selecting it to perform some sort of bulk-edit), things would get really confusing.

I think it could be done in a way that was not confusing. For example, perhaps being able to highlight tasks rather than check them (for multi-edit), or putting the checkbox for multi-edit at the end of the line instead of the beginning, etc.

I'm a WordPress user, and I've seen this kind of feature in certain WordPress tables (usually plug-ins, although I think in the more recent versions of WP, there are some native tables like this).
luiz.siqueira.neto

Posted: Jan 26, 2013
Easy solution: use "Next Action" in place of "Star" then use "Star" as a selection, at same time you can use "Star" as a way to know what tasks you need to review.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.