Posted: May 07, 2012
Score: 5 Reference
For the Toodledo website:
View shared tasks along with non-shared tasks
Save sort order in Search
Save sort order within the various Views
Make a task a subtask without dragging it
Multiple levels of subtasks
Use different colors for folders, contexts, etc.
Edit multiple tasks without search
Choose different fields for various Views
Rich text format in task notes and Notebook
Ability to move Tasks to Notebook and vice versa
Edit completion date
Sync with Outlook

For iPhone/iPad app:
Saved Searches
Sharing and collaboration
File attachments

And, an official Android app.

What else?
Salgud

Posted: May 08, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
How about:

Postpone group of task by x days/hrs
De-star repeating task on completion
Better tag management (hierarchical)
More/better print options for task lists and notes
Save sort order, filters, etc in Saved Views
2007ajh

Score: 5 Reference
Colour code folders
PeterW 

Score: 1 Reference
Manual Sort Order
Task counts on Saved Searches
gbzrce

Posted: May 09, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I would like an "Add task" option on the folder row of the default view. So I can add a task to that folder without having to scroll up the page.
JPR

Posted by gbzrce:
I would like an "Add task" option on the folder row of the default view. So I can add a task to that folder without having to scroll up the page.

Settings > Tasks > Display Preferences > Click on "Entire Page Scrolls"

or enable keyboard shortcuts and type 'n'
Purveyor

Score: 2 Reference
Some slightly more ambitious possibilities:

1. Integration with a contact list
Various mobile task apps already have this functionality but that's a bit easier because there's only one place to look for contacts. Linking to contacts through a website app would require configuring the source, e.g. Google Contacts, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. Many of my tasks are related to people and companies in my Gmail Contacts. It would be nice to have an easy way of linking tasks to the relevant contact.

2. From #1 above, the ability to use a contact address as a Location. This is already available in various mobile apps.

3. Multiple Locations per task. This is useful when shopping for an item that it is available at several stores.

4. A better alternative to the Grid and Multi-Line formats. Something like the Views in Outlook where you can specify the columns displayed but still have access to all the fields when editing the task.

5. Show more icons at the bottom of the iPhone/iPad app and customize which icons appear. This is a function that is available in several iOS apps.
tophyd

Posted: May 10, 2012
The biggest things I'm looking for are all around the scheduler.

I would like to have some control over what the scheduler selects. I often rely on the scheduler when I'm feeling very non-motivated, but I also often have to keep extending the time selected to display something from the right list (ie I enter 2.5 hours when I only have 1 hour free because the first 1.5 hours TD selects are all low-priority stuff I don't have time to do today). At the very least, it would be nice to have an "ignore" setting I could set so the scheduler won't keep presenting the items I've already decided I can't do today.

Some way to set my own default for the parameters for the scheduler, or use the last settings, instead of constantly going back to all contexts and one hour.

Let the scheduler schedule multi-blocks. I'd love to say I have three blocks of time. One 1 hour, one 1.5 hours, and one 3 hour, and have it schedule the whole day.

In an ideal world, I'd love to have a way to look at all my tasks and their due dates -- including future starts, tell TD how much time I have to work on the current task list each day (and let me say I have 3 hours on Monday and 2 on Tuesday), and have it calculate whether or not I'll have time to finish everything during the week. That way, it would help me figure out how much overtime I'm going to have to put in to meet my committments.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
drew_1328997442

Posted: May 13, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
I would like to see a graphic task representation - Gannt chart like.

Thanks.
Purveyor

Posted: May 13, 2012
Named after Henry Gantt.
lisa_kaye

Posted: May 15, 2012
I'd love to have adding colors to the tasks be an option, whether it's tied to a specific function (context, status, folder...)or not. Just being able to add a color to any specific item would be wonderful.
lidiam

Posted: Aug 04, 2012
Posted by Purveyor:
Some slightly more ambitious possibilities:

1. Integration with a contact list
Various mobile task apps already have this functionality but that's a bit easier because there's only one place to look for contacts. Linking to contacts through a website app would require configuring the source, e.g. Google Contacts, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. Many of my tasks are related to people and companies in my Gmail Contacts. It would be nice to have an easy way of linking tasks to the relevant contact.

2. From #1 above, the ability to use a contact address as a Location. This is already available in various mobile apps.

3. Multiple Locations per task. This is useful when shopping for an item that it is available at several stores.

4. A better alternative to the Grid and Multi-Line formats. Something like the Views in Outlook where you can specify the columns displayed but still have access to all the fields when editing the task.

5. Show more icons at the bottom of the iPhone/iPad app and customize which icons appear. This is a function that is available in several iOS apps.

I would also like to see features mentioned above, specifically items 1 - 3.

Regarding locations: I will use Context to try specifying multiple locations per task, as someone else mentioned on this forum. However I would really like to just say "Costco" and have the app pick up *any* costco location. I tend to travel to many different areas and can't spend hours entering different store locations all the time. Google maps is already aware of all Home Depos, Costcos, etc. Hope this can be used in Toodledo app as well.
lidiam

Posted: Aug 04, 2012
Now I re-read the multiple locations per context post and it turns out that it's also a feature request, rather than a how to do it post... Is there currently no way to specify multiple locations per task?

Thanks
Lidia
vitalinfo

Posted: Oct 30, 2012
Any update on adding some kind of contact management features?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2012
Sorry, no update.
handymental

Posted: Nov 01, 2012
I use Toodledo to drop down my notes. I found that it is useful though its feature is very native. I enjoy it much especially for the simple text based note in compared to those with full set of fancy features like Evernotes.

But I found that it is really useful to add tagging feature (like the tagging in task). It really helps in locating the notes in future. Moreover, it is even better if it can support auto suggestions and hint for historical tags as well.
Jarek_B

Posted: Nov 02, 2012
I will buy toodledo for my whole company if it has got desktop version like nozbe has. It is much more effective to work with desktop version than with web application. It's faster, no reloading, better interface response etc.
Purveyor

Posted: Nov 02, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Jarek_B:
It is much more effective to work with desktop version than with web application.
Given that Nozbe already has a desktop version (which will make you "much more effective" right now), why do you want a desktop version of Toodledo?
c5000nc

Posted: Dec 18, 2012
Multiple Tag Fields:
Tags are very flexible but are extremely limiting by having them all squished into one Field.

Providing more than one Tag Field would allow a lot more creative use of Sorts and Searches. For example, One Tag Field may be how much business a client might provide over the next year, another may show the next contact date/month, another might show contact frequency, etc. There are easily 8 or 10 uses for Tags that could be satisfied by far more tag fields.

This would make ToodleDo a bit more like an Excel spreadsheet in terms of Sorting and Searching, which would be a good thing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.