ForumsQuestionsKeep copy of data

Keep copy of data
mark_1337909683

Posted: Jul 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Although I do not find this option, is it possible to keep a copy of the last (iPhone) sync'd data on the phone in the event the next time you look up information the wireless connection is poor?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 16, 2012
The iPhone app will work when you don't have a wireless connection. This is exactly what it was designed to do.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Jul 25, 2012
Typically, when a signal is too weak or absent to sync, I find that your screen shows blank with your logo at the top and after (consistently) ~20 seconds, the app closes and reverts to the iPhone icon page.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was not able to reproduce this. Can you please try putting your iphone into airplane mode and see if the same thing happens? This will simulate not having an internet connection.
mark_1337909683

Doing as you asked the app behaves correctly. Apart from all the tasks being present there is a notice at the bottom stating there is no connection.

FWIW, I can tell you for certain that the preceding does not resemble what I periodically see at 32003 Ellingwood Trail, Evergreen, CO 80439.

I'm thinking that the airplane mode tells your app absolutely no service and your app responds properly to the definitive no. OTOH, my referenced location's connection is sometimes present, sometimes not and when present that condition is in various levels of ATT weak--never any better. I'm thinking your app may be getting confused during that 'weak try and grab a connection decision moment', timeout and end up back at the icon screen.

Just a thought.

Oh and about those previous posts. Being new to any smartphone and apps it took a bit to understand the demarcation between your app (which does a fine job) and the syncing app (which also (now) does a fine job)

Mark

This message was edited Jul 26, 2012.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Nov 10, 2012
I'd like to thank you guys for taking my problem seriously and fixing the software so that it behaves properly absent a signal.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.