ForumsQuestionsSiri & Reminders

Siri & Reminders
slkoehler

Posted: Nov 19, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I just started using Siri with Toodledo so maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have it syncing properly. When I tell Siri to do something, it first goes into Reminders and then it imports automatically into toodledo and deletes the original from Reminders. That's fine.

I have my default settings in Toodledo on my phone set to remind me 15 minutes before a task with a specific chime. I've checked the reminders I've dictated to Siri and they show that there is an alarm.

I've tested this about 4 times. The first time it did remind me but it used the alarm sound that I had in Reminders NOT Toodledo. The other three times it didn't remind me at all.

So is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is it that Siri imported tasks just won't follow the default Toodledo settings?

I LOVE the ability to dictate tasks into Toodledo but I NEED to be reminded to them :). Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
thomas

The first time I used this feature it worked exactly how I wanted. If I added an item to a list in Reminders with the same name as an existing Toodledo folder, it synced the task to that folder. Now they all just go to my To-Do folder.

Any idea why that changed and is there a way to get it back to handling folders that way? I don't see an option for that in the app or on the website.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We removed the ability for Reminders lists from syncing to Toodledo folders because it was causing problems when people renamed one of the lists. Because apple does not have any unique ID for the lists, when someone renames a list or folder it caused it to get imported as a new folder all over again, and was causing problems. Until we can find a better solution we had to turn off folder import and now just import all of them into the default folder.
thomas

Posted: Dec 04, 2012
Well that sucks. But thanks for the explanation and keep up the good work.
leadfoot

Posted: Dec 14, 2012
Please use the default list settings on the iPhone for tasks imported from Reminders. I discovered the reason new tasks imported via Siri & Reminders don't show up on the hotlist is because Toodledo sets the Start Date the same as the Due Date, even though my default settings leave the Start Date blank. Since hotlist does not list any tasks with Start Date later than Today, none of tasks created via Siri shows up.

There is one feature in Reminders that I'd love to see implemented in Toodledo. Reminders automatically shows upcoming reminders within the next 24 hours in the notification center (without any alert sounds). When the due date/time arrives, it also sounds the alert. Right now I can do one or the other in Toodledo, but not both.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 15, 2012
One other ability I have not seen requested is that you can ask Siri to tell you your reminders for a particular date. If you sync reminders into Toodledo and then have the reminders removed (to prevent duplicates), then the Siri feature will not be very useful (because the Reminders list will be empty). Definitely something to work on with Apple.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 17, 2012
Apple is very stingy with Siri. What you are suggesting is not currently allowed by Apple. We hope that it will be someday.
1jirni_1344352237

Posted: Dec 23, 2012
Posted by Jake:
We will work on these things for the next update.

I love the new update! But sadly still missing the ability to import Siri reminders at higher priority :(

Jimi
Claes

Posted: Mar 12, 2013
Posted by Jake:
It is a one-direction sync at the moment. We figured that if people are using Toodledo, they probably aren't using Reminders except as a conduit for Siri or for migrating from Reminders to Toodledo. Can you please explain why you would want to use both Toodledo and Reminders at the same time?

Having a two way sync Reminders<->Toodledo app would simplify the way I get tasks from my Exchange Server to my iPhone and vice versa.

My setup today
Exchange server <- native sync -> Outlook Client
Outlook Client <- gSyncit -> Toodledo.com
Toodledo.com <- native sync -> Toodledo iPhone app

Setup with two way sync Reminders - Toodledo
Exchange server <- native sync -> iPhone Reminders
iPhone Reminders <- two way sync -> iPhone Toodledo app

So if you could add two way sync between Reminders and Toodledo on iPhone to your backlog I would be very happy.

Thank you in advance
Claes
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.