ForumsQuestionsSiri & Reminders

Siri & Reminders
jeffc1018

Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I've updated to iOS 6 and the new Toodledo. I'm playing around with syncing with the iphone Reminders. In the settings, i've turned this ON. I want to turn on the "delete after import". I turn it ON, but when i leave the settings, it defaults back to OFF. This results in syncing the same reminders every time i open toodledo. Am I doing something wring?

Thanks!
daniel_h

same behavior for me...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This version was rushed because of Apple's tight deadlines for iPhone 5. I guess we missed this bug. We are working hard to get everything working.
brandon_henley

Posted: Sep 22, 2012
I wanted to add that Toodledo doesn't seem to import times from reminders you make with Siri. For example, if I said to Siri, "Remind me to walk the dog tomorrow at 5PM," it would create the reminder with a time of 5PM (and I have confirmed this by opening the Reminders app), but when it is imported into Toodledo, the 5PM time is nowhere to be found. It would be great to have it import that time into the "Due Time" field.
raindog308

Posted: Sep 23, 2012
Is there a way to choose which folder reminders are imported to? I'd like them to go into my default inbox.

Really all I want is to use Siri to add Toodledo tasks. I could not care less about iOS reminders. As it is, things work (other than the bug above), but they end up in a "Reminders" folder and not in my general inbox folder.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 23, 2012
We will look into these issues.
Gaelyne

Posted: Sep 24, 2012
I'm also wondering if it works in reverse? If I add something to the Reminders folder in Toodledo's web app will it put it into Reminders on my phone when I open the Toodledo app on the phone? Could be useful.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is a one-direction sync at the moment. We figured that if people are using Toodledo, they probably aren't using Reminders except as a conduit for Siri or for migrating from Reminders to Toodledo. Can you please explain why you would want to use both Toodledo and Reminders at the same time?
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
Reminders can connect to Outlook Tasks through Exchange Server. (A simple choice when setting up an Exchange Server email account on iOS devices.)

Having Toodledo sync with Reminders means that Toodledo would sync with Outlook Tasks for anyone in a corporate environment that uses Exchange Server.
Gaelyne

Purveyor's reason is a good one. I was thinking more of being reminded of things I need to do when I open my MacBook. Sort of a location based thing only in this instance the location happens to just be the computer (or hand held) that I'm using at the time. I currently just load Toodledo in Safari for that purpose.
joe

Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for this feature. The voice input (Siri reminder) is really helpful when I'm in the car and I want to get a task into Toodledo.

Right now when Toodledo syncs reminder tasks it does so in Low priority (even when my default priority is set to Top). Reason I would like it to import as Top priority is because as soon as I get to work I want to see the task so I can set it to proper priority.

Hope the default priority can be set for Reminder -> Toodledo sync items. Thanks again!
Purveyor

Posted by joe:
Reason I would like it to import as Top priority is because as soon as I get to work I want to see the task so I can set it to proper priority.
You can view your Recently Entered tasks here: https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#main_1 and then make the necessary changes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will work on these things for the next update.
raindog308

Posted: Sep 26, 2012
Just wanted to add that this was a really nice feature to add. Thanks to the awesome TD team!
mjrodrigz

Posted: Oct 16, 2012
I am trying to use Siri to add tasks to my Toodledo account and cannot get it to work. I set the Reminders Syncing to on and Delete After Import (also tried it with that setting = off) to no avail. Can someone please let me know what I need to do to make it work? [iPhone 5] Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 16, 2012
Try this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=135

Also, please avoid posting the same question in multiple topics.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2012.
brandon_henley

Posted: Oct 18, 2012
Hello again, when I create a task with Siri with a due date of the next day, it refuses to show up in my Hotlist even though my settings are for everything within the next 7 days to show up.

I have ensured that there are no settings checked on the task that would push it out of my hotlist, and it is identical to another task that was input manually that is showing up correctly in the hotlist (except in title of course).

I went as far as to record the settings for the task created with Siri and to duplicate it manually and the manual task shows up fine in the hotlist with the exact same settings. Any ideas? Thanks!

This message was edited Oct 18, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 18, 2012
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
ekspain

Posted: Nov 15, 2012
Posted by Gaelyne:
I'm also wondering if it works in reverse? If I add something to the Reminders folder in Toodledo's web app will it put it into Reminders on my phone when I open the Toodledo app on the phone? Could be useful.

I wantto echo this request. I use toodledo for all my taks - reminders for daily would be great to selectively choose items to move to reminders ir to toodledo. E.g. Perhaps export "hot list" to reminders.
ekspain

Posted: Nov 15, 2012
Posted by Gaelyne:

I want to echo this request. I use Toodledo for all tasks, Reminders for daily. It would be great to selectively choose which task or folders to send from Toodledo to Reminders. Or perhaps send hotlist to reminders.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.