ForumsQuestionsUpdated iOS Apps - Please Remove Priority Mark

Updated iOS Apps - Please Remove Priority Mark
mlb32704

Posted: Nov 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Surprise, surprise, I fire up ToodleDo on the iPhone and there is a major, unexpected update. The previous version was fine, perfect, but apps always need "improving", I understand.

I took me a WHILE to get the iPhone setup close to what I had before. But the priority feature is really annoying me. I don't use priorities, I use either alphabetical or numerical tags to order my to do list for any given day. It's a lot easier to manage than trying to figure out if something is low, medium or high priority then missing something in the shuffle of a busy day.

I actually don't need a third sort criteria, but no matter what I set the three of them to (right now, they are sorted on due date, tag, then tag again), I still wind up seeing those new priority marks in the top left corner of every task. Yellow or orange, very distracting, annoying and unnecessary.

How do I get rid of them?
mlb32704

Follow up question - as a short term solution until ToodleDo offers a way to get rid or hide these priority marks, is there a way to globally select hundreds of tasks at one time then mark them all top priority? That would make it a little less distracting, at least as a short term interim fix.
Salgud

Posted by mlb32704:
Follow up question - as a short term solution until ToodleDo offers a way to get rid or hide these priority marks, is there a way to globally select hundreds of tasks at one time then mark them all top priority? That would make it a little less distracting, at least as a short term interim fix.

You can do that online using a Search and then Multi-edit. The iOS version doesn't have Search capabilities.
mlb32704 Post deleted
mlb32704 Post deleted
mlb32704

Thanks Salgud. I'll try to forgot what you said about me in a previous post :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you disable the priority field then the priority indicators should not appear. I can see that this is a bug and I will make sure that this is fixed in the next update, which will be out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
mlb32704

Jake, as you mentioned, disabling the priority field did not make the priority indicators disappear. What I wound up doing is taking Salgud's suggestion and using multi-edit to change all of the priorities on all of my tasks to negative (-1). The end result was a very faint grey indicator that I can hardly notice now. But the overall look and feel of the update is very small, dark and grey, my guess is that it will change again and soon :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I just fixed this bug and it will be in the next update which we are targeting for 2 weeks.
tek

Posted: Dec 04, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
All of my tasks are the same priority but I still hate the orange/yellow marker. I was so clever, I thought, to remove the priority from my user interface. guess again.

actually, I hate the whole new ios update. can I go back? I like to have all of my folders show up all the time. I hate "mystery meat" navigation which is what we've got now.

why do we always have to "improve" everything that is already beyond perfection so that any changes at all are detrimental? Can you publish a "classic edition" please?
Salgud

Posted: Dec 05, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by tek:
All of my tasks are the same priority but I still hate the orange/yellow marker. I was so clever, I thought, to remove the priority from my user interface. guess again.

actually, I hate the whole new ios update. can I go back? I like to have all of my folders show up all the time. I hate "mystery meat" navigation which is what we've got now.

why do we always have to "improve" everything that is already beyond perfection so that any changes at all are detrimental? Can you publish a "classic edition" please?

A few ask to go back every new release. Of course, TD, or any software vendor, can't maintain every version of the software back to Day One.

If you think TD was perfect, you obviously don't follow these forums. The majority of posts are for improvements, and very few to go back. Just the nature of the beast.
cj

Posted: Dec 06, 2012
I have to agree with Tek. I really don't like the new ios interface (used on my iPad). Hopefully with some technical fixes I might get used to it, but for now, it is nearly unusable for me, and I now just use toodledo in the browser. What a shame.

1. it is much slower than the older version. I'm sure the new version tries to use a lot of new ios resources - but to what end? there seems to be no more (and maybe less) functionality. Just the act of tapping on several 'completed' checkboxes in a row has me waiting 10 seconds or more per tap... (note my other apps operate just fine, so it's not an issue with my ipad)

2. I can see the new UI layout being an improvement (or on the road to an improvement) but the old one was OK with me too.

One thing that is terrible about the new layout - is that I notice when I want to swipe to scroll down in my hotlist, boom! all my dividers close - and disappear! I have to actually shut down and restart toodledo (sometimes more than once) to get them back.

That alone has forced me to abandon this new version until further notice.

(PS - another bug is that - if I am locked in landscape mode, and try to edit a task, the edit screen is still forces itself in portrait and I have to turn the entire ipad around, or unlock the orientation)

3. Toodledo is still, by far my #1 used app (aside from email) - it's just that neither the ios or android versions come close, by a longshot, to the usability and simplicity of the browser version. (in fact, I've had to pretty much abandon all mobile versions of toodledo, unless I am really desperate) ... it's a shame since I'd be willing to pay at least twice what I'm paying now, per year, to have quality mobile versions of toodledo.
mlb32704

Posted: Dec 06, 2012

If you think TD was perfect, you obviously don't follow these forums. The majority of posts are for improvements, and very few to go back. Just the nature of the beast.

The vast majority of posts in these forums complaining about the new release have more to do with "look and feel" issues relative to the new release vs. previous version than anything else. And they are right on. The "look and feel" of the latest version for iOS is terrible, the more that I use it on my iPhone and iPad, the more that I see how bad it is. I have to agree with this particular post and others like it - the "look and feel" of the immediately previous version was much, much better and totally acceptable to me versus this latest version. I'm not sure what TD has submitted for approval with Apple in the way of the next update to alleviate some of these issues, but I am hoping if not praying that at least the "look and feel" part is a throwback to the previous version, or a dramatic improvement over the current one.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.