Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Questions

Firefox add-on not on addons.mozilla.org

AuthorMessage
garyo

Posted: Mar 16, 2009
Score: 0

I'd like to try the firefox add-on, but I can't find it at addons.mozilla.org, only from your site (which Firefox can't check for updates, security, etc. -- I generally try to only use extensions from a.m.o). Any plans to upload your extension to the official place?
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Mar 17, 2009

We updated it on the official Firefox website over a year ago. The problem is that there is such a large number of addons submitted and such a small number of reviewers, that only the very popular addons ever get reviewed. Our updated addon has been in their review queue for over a year.

If you use our direct install link you will get the latest version and you will always get the most recent updates.
Anders

Posted: Mar 17, 2009

That is crazy. By the time they post the Toodledo addon, FF may have updated again. Incidentally, I did see the new TD addon listed as experimental on a foreign language FF addon site (The official one, but just not the english one). I thought that was strange.

I realize one persons anecdotal evidence won't be likely to change someone's very reasonable policy of only using addons from the official page, but I have been using the TD addon on two different computers, both windows, but with very different setups, and I have not had any problems whatsoever. After the iPhone app it is probably my most frequently used interface for Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014