ForumsQuestionsS60 (Symbian / Nokia)

S60 (Symbian / Nokia)
jparrot99

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Do you think there is any chance at all of an application for S60 (Symbian / Nokia)? It is by far the biggest mobile phone platform, and there are no GTD or To Do applications for it. Projekt is good but doesn't sync with anything off the phone.

It could be a Java app, I think.

Jose
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Craig Strachan

Posted: May 05, 2009
I second that. I would love to see it working on my Nokia S60 phone (with offline support)

thanks

Craig
Алексей

Posted: May 06, 2009
I wanna get version offline as iPhone native apps too!
help

Posted: May 06, 2009
Will be perfect! Nokia with big symbian platform is perfect market chance. There is no easy to use GTD app for symbian. S60 web and opera mini are not good for using toodledo.
hbrock

Posted: May 22, 2009
Here's another vote for an S60 app. E71 is the best phone ever, and big US carriers are offering it now (finally!).
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: May 27, 2009
Another vote for an S60 app please.
wagner.tavares

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
One more vote! Please make a S60 app!!
Karl Barth

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Yes, sync with symbian would be perfect!
kate.ho1

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
me too! I've been attempting to get around this with outlook integration but frankly, its really difficult to manage ...
Deb_Datta

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
I fully agree. We need a offline capable Toodledo app for S60, specifically for the E71.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: Sep 16, 2009
Keep looking back to see if there's any update to this. Any news on the development of a Symbian app?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 16, 2009
We don't have plans to make one, but like the Blackberry app, Android apps and other iPhone apps, I am sure there is a developer out there who might want to do this.
francesco

Posted: Feb 12, 2010
I am still waiting for that offline app for S60 - any news?
gjdewar

Posted: Apr 08, 2010
I've enabled RSS, and setup a widget on my N97 Mini homescreen which auto-updates from the rss feed. Not perfect, but it does put my top two tasks onto my homescreen, and a touch brings up the whole feed.

I don't have a clue how to create an app for the Nokia - someone must be up for a challenge!
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 08, 2010
Posted by gjdewar:
I don't have a clue how to create an app for the Nokia - someone must be up for a challenge!

Me neither, and I don't have a Symbian, but considering it is a large platform, and is now officially open source, you figure someone might want to tackle it for fun!

http://www.symbian.org/
forbebop

Posted: Sep 03, 2010
the s60 app would be awesome! count one more vote for it.
Shahar Or

Posted: Oct 04, 2010
I've a Nokia E65. That's S60 platform. It has a native tasks application and using the free MailforExchange app it can sync it's contacts using the Microsoft ActiveSync protocol. I am already using this to sync my contacts with Google Contacts.

This is how Nuevasync is doing it:
http://nuevasync.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-sync-tasks-with-toodledo.html
But it costs.

It would be nice to have something for free :)
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 17, 2010
No one is keen on writing a Mobile Java application which can sync with ToodleDo and provide offline support? Is everyone having iPhones and Androids these days? :(
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 18, 2010
Posted by piyush_soni:
Is everyone having iPhones and Androids these days? :(

It seems that is the case, aside from those who have to use a Blackberry for corporate reasons.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.