ForumsQuestionsIOS and Website hopelessly out of sync

IOS and Website hopelessly out of sync
Cliff B.

Posted: Dec 30, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I use my IOS 70% of the time to keep my to do list updated. Every so often the device and website get out of sync. Typically, the website shows about 30% more tasks that were deleted on my device. I've done the following, but can't get the two applications back in-sync:
1)Forced device to website sync
2)Deleted all of my tasks on the website and then forced the sync. Now I get some random number of tasks back on the site. Tried this a couple of times and get different task totals each time. The number is far smaller on the website than the total number of tasks on my device.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by Cliff_1357078368:
I use my IOS 70% of the time to keep my to do list updated. Every so often the device and website get out of sync.

No help here, just wondering if we have a similar problem.

I notice syncing problems when tasks are completed on my iPod while "offline" - especially repeating tasks. Unlike (I assume) an iPhone which can update completed tasks anytime because it's always "online" with the apps "sync on edit" enabled.

So, my questions are; what iOS device are you using? and is it "online" when completing tasks? finally if online, is Toodledo's app "sync on edit" setting enabled?

Just curious and I wish you well.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have identified and fixed a bug with syncing and are preparing it to submit to Apple right now for approval. In the meantime, the way to resolve this issue is to turn off any filters that you have set to hide tasks and then follow these steps: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76

Sorry for the inconvenience.
KatBoy

Posted: Dec 31, 2013
I've also had this problem a few times recently. Forcing a one-way sync did not work, the only thing that did was deleting/re-installing iPhone app.

I submitted a support ticket back in October and was told bug was identified and fix on it's way. Please hurry. It's happened too often for me to trust my iPhone data any more.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.