ForumsQuestionsDeleted Lists

Deleted Lists
1973westgray

Posted: Apr 28, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any way to retrieve a deleted lists? 2-3 of my lists mysteriously disappeared.

Allan
Sabina A.

Hi Allan,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to undelete a list. Adding an "undelete" button for Lists and Outlines is on our to-do list for a future update. However, we're unable to comment on a time frame for implementation.
steve_1327442338

Score: 1 Reference
Yipes! I had a big scare... My 19 lists disappeared tonight!

Turns out, if I use IE (which I almost never do) they are still there. In Chrome (current version), they are gone!

Very strange.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 29, 2014
Sounds like your browser's cache got into a strange state. Try signing out of Toodledo on Chrome and then sign back in again. That should restore your Lists in Chrome. If not, please open a support ticket and we will investigate.
steve_1327442338

Thanks Jake,

I opened a ticket this morning when the lists disappeared in IE also.

But you are correct, clearing browsing history/cache did make things start to work. I'm suspecting ToodleDo may be involved in the corruption, since it happened on two browsers on two machines almost simultaneously... IE probably hadn't been run on either machine for weeks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yesterday we deployed a small change to Lists. It seems that something in that deployment caused some people's web browsers to get into a weird state. Signing out and then in again would correct the problem. We are looking into what caused this so we can prevent it from happening again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
steve_1327442338

Thanks Jake, all is well now.
Peter_1345916317

Posted: May 04, 2014
The same for me, my lists are also gone.
Is there something wrong with the website?

If there are many more users with a delete list, is it posible to restore a backup on the server?

This message was edited May 04, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2014
The lists were not deleted, they just go temporarily hidden. What you need to do is sign out of Toodledo and then sign back in again and all should be restored. Sorry for the inconvenience.
vivendom.budget

Posted: May 05, 2014
Posted by Jake:
The lists were not deleted, they just go temporarily hidden. What you need to do is sign out of Toodledo and then sign back in again and all should be restored. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I did it and still be hidden.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
lavesh.bhola

Posted: May 16, 2014
FYI - some additional findings on this issue:

I do not see my Lists (just blank screen with Toodledo headers and footers) in IE8 under XPPro SP3. I signed out and then back in, and still did not see them.

I then used FireFox 28.0 on the same machine, and the Lists are all there.

Background: I had stopped using Toodledo for a few weeks as usual on IE8. Then, when I tried to login, I had to have my password reset because I forgot the old one. (I was signed out automatically, due to non-use I presume.)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 16, 2014
IE8 is a really really really old web browser, so that may be the problem. We don't test on IE8 anymore. I recommend upgrading to IE9, 10 or 11.

I will try to find a copy of IE8 to see if it is a quick fix.

This message was edited May 16, 2014.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.