ForumsQuestionsFirefox 3

Firefox 3
Mainer82

Posted: Mar 14, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Are there plans to upgrade the toodledo addon for Firefox 3?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 14, 2008
Yes, the current version of the addon will work with Firefox 3b3. Once the final version of Firefox 3 is released we will upgrade our addon to be compatible with it.
Mainer82

Posted: Mar 15, 2008
That's good to know. :)

One suggestion if I may, the icon in FF is off, it has a top padding of 10px or so. I hope this doesn't occur in the new version.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 16, 2008
Which icon are you referring to exactly?
Mainer82

Posted: Mar 17, 2008
The "Toggle the Toodledo sidebar" button, when added to the main FF toolbar.
Mainer82

Posted: Mar 18, 2008
To be more specific, the 24_side_icon.png image is too far down.
johneemac

Posted: Mar 21, 2008
Doesnt seem to be working with FFb4?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 22, 2008
We have only tested it as far as b3. Once the final version comes out, we will release our updated addon.
jdoree

Posted: Apr 09, 2008
There's a 'Toggle the Toodledo Sidebar' option somewhere? I requested this feature long ago and have never seen it added. Where is it?

Because I wanted this so I could see all of my columns I wrote a little greasemonkey script to do that very thing.

You can find it at http://doree.com/stuff/

This message was edited Apr 09, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2008
Yes, there is a button to toggle the sidebar on and off. You can learn more about it on our Firefox Addon page here: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

Hope that helps
jdoree

Thanks. That's good to know. I've had the Firefox Addon installed for a long time and never knew that existed.

Oh well, perhaps some people are interested in this functionality and prefer a greasemonkey script over another add-on.

Hmmm... maybe it would be more useful with a keyboard shortcut...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Guess what? It does have a keyboard shortcut. Command+option+S (mac) Control+alt+S (windows)
jdoree

Hmmm... great news that it has a keyboard shortcut already. However, Command+option+S for me does something completely different. It displays toodledo in the Firefox sidebar.

Wait...!

I've just realized we're talking about two different things!

I'm talking about showing and hiding the left hand sidebar on the actual Toodledo page, not the Firefox sidebar. In the code Toodledo calls this the toc (table of contents I assume). My script toggles the visibility of this. When I hide that on-page sidebar with the logo and the links to Sharing, Calendar etc. I can actually see all of the columns in my task list. Otherwise on most machines I can't.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Haha. Yes we were talking about two entirely different sidebars. I am glad that we are on the same page now. The blue Toodledo sidebar cannot currently be hidden, but this has been suggested before and is something that is on our todo list.

Or, you could use the script that you devised.
Joseph

Posted: Apr 12, 2008
Posted by jdoree:
There's a 'Toggle the Toodledo Sidebar' option somewhere? I requested this feature long ago and have never seen it added. Where is it?

Because I wanted this so I could see all of my columns I wrote a little greasemonkey script to do that very thing.

You can find it at http://doree.com/stuff/

I've installed GreaseMonkey and your script, but I can't figure out how to toggle the Sidebar with it. I feel very dense!

[edit]
Oh, how brilliant, in the yellow is a link that reads "Toggle Sidebar". It works well, too! Thanks!

This message was edited Apr 12, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.