ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasks

Repeating tasks
jetra

Posted: Jul 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Does somebody know how to set repeating tasks, not to appear in the future, before the first is solved. For example: daily to update the log book, but there is no need to update tomorrow, when today is not finished. This means when not done today, it should kill it self and appear for the next day. Especially when you have been on holiday, you don't have to mark the tasks, for the days you have not been available.

Any suggestion is welcome,
Jean Pierre
Jeremy

Posted: Jul 04, 2008
When putting in the due date put a "?" right before the date i.e. '?July 4, 2008'. If you have it set to repeat it will diappear when the due date passes and reappear at the next "repeat".

Hope that helps.
jetra

Posted: Jul 05, 2008
Thanks a lot for the tip, I will implement it immediately

Jean Pierre
J-Mac

Posted by Jeremy:
When putting in the due date put a "?" right before the date i.e. '?July 4, 2008'. If you have it set to repeat it will diappear when the due date passes and reappear at the next "repeat".

Hope that helps.

Cool! Is that a listed feature anywhere? Or did you just try it and it worked?

Thanks!

Jim
Jeremy

Copied from:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?

Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by putting an = sign before the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then.

Sometimes a task cannot be completed until after a specific duedate. You can place a ">" sign before the date to tell Toodledo the earliest date that this task can be completed. For example ">2008-01-01" means that this task cannot be completed until Jan 1, 2008 has passed. Toodledo will know not to bug you about this task until the specified date arrives.

You can also designate a task as optional by placing a "?" in front of the due date. This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

Tasks that use a due-date modifier will not show up on your hotlist until they are due (unless they have a high enough priority). If you use a due-date modifier and the task is more than 1 week in the future, it will also be hidden from your other lists unless you turn on the "Show Due in the Future" filter. The exception is that even if you use a due-date modifier, tasks will not be hidden when in the "Due-Date" view, or when using the "Search" view to find future tasks.

If you want to hide future tasks, without using a due-date modifier, you can go into your account settings and edit the settings under "Hide Future Tasks".

Additionally, you can use the start date field to hide tasks that occur in the future.

Hope that helps everyone.
J-Mac

Great! For whatever reason I had never seen that. Probably because I never would have expected it to be in there - that's not a feature that I have seen in other task managers.

Another reason to be happy with Toodledo!

Thanks again.

Jim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.