ForumsQuestionsRequest: starred = hotlist

Request: starred = hotlist
Josh

Posted: Jul 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
It would be nice if there could be a way to automatically add starred items to the hotlist. Maybe a checkbox in the hotlist setting?

That way, those who choose MITs for the day (as suggested by ZTD) can star them and automatically have them in their hotlist.

Thanks for a great webapp and keep up the good work!
Qrystal

That's interesting, I never thought about starring items that weren't already in the Hotlist. Starring does increase the Importance ranking of any task by one point, and that could sometimes cause the task to go onto the Hotlist...

I wonder if there's any reason NOT to have starred items on the hotlist. If there aren't any reasons, maybe putting starred items on the hotlist should be default behaviour?

Just thinking out loud! :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Josh

Posted: Aug 25, 2008
Posted by Qrystal:
Starring does increase the Importance ranking of any task by one point, and that could sometimes cause the task to go onto the Hotlist...

I couldn't figure out how to do this. Can you give me a specific example?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 26, 2008
Actually, starring a task will not make it show up on the hotlist. We may add this in the future, but right now, starring a task only puts in on the "starred" list and increases its importance score by 1.
Jon

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
I actually like that the starred items don't show up in the hotlist as I use the hotlist as things to do today and stars as things to do this week. So, hopefully it will be optional in the future to have starred items automatically go to the hotlist, not mandatory.

Jon

This message was edited Aug 26, 2008.
Qrystal

Posted: Aug 28, 2008
Posted by Josh:
Posted by Qrystal:
Starring does increase the Importance ranking of any task by one point, and that could sometimes cause the task to go onto the Hotlist...

I couldn't figure out how to do this. Can you give me a specific example?

I was wrong. For some reason I was thinking that the Hotlist tasks are listed when Importance gets high enough, but that's not it at all. The Hotlist tasks are listed when the Account Settings option says they should be listed.

I suppose that means, in the future, the star could be included in those options, and we can decide whether or not the star means it should be in the hotlist, or no. Hmm!

I bet that the Hotlist will someday be able to be as configurable as a Saved Search.... ;)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.