ForumsQuestionsWeb interface, Big improvements to be made.

Web interface, Big improvements to be made.
Transisto

Posted: Dec 27, 2009
Score: 3 Reference
I'm new here, This is a first impression, please feel free to correct me, and don't think I'm picky or lazy.
When adding consulting Tasks it's often in a hurry and don't want my mind to hang on reading anything.

I've been using a computer actively for 15 years so many recommendation should be relevant.

At Toodledo the GUI feels it's been designed by coders. I think it need to be more visually intuitive with the least possible text in the interface.

If there is a way to graphically represent something let's use that instead.

1. We must first see our own entered text out of everything else.

When taking a quick look at task list, The first thing visible is 11 Line written in BIG BOLD BLUE

Importance Level: 11
task1
Importance Level: 8 etc... (I'll never get used to that)
Ps: I've never set my task with importance level on a 1 to 11 scale, so how am I suppose to interpret that?

2. I want a little star beside the word Starred .

Like the IE, The toolbar has the option to be displayed as : Text, big icon, small icons , small icon with text. There is already icons in the iPhone app for most of these thing but they aren't used.

3. When in grid mode, the "empty" default text are dark and thus indistinguishable from user entered data, "Context: No Context, Goal: No Goal, Start: no date, Repeat: None ...
...like the "Tag" and "Length" field they are really empty or make them light gray as in the multiline mode.

4. By having all View by action words inline at the top this is what happen. :
I see the line then read through it all , then look to get my mouse , then move close, then read it all again find the good one, and click it. Having different color or better, having icons beside each word at the top would help a lot.
Actualy the " | " delimiter (read as I) is worst than triple space.

5. The search FIELD need to be visible at all time not the word Quicksearch or please make the Collaborator,Filter sort, quicksearch to Stick open or closed between session.

6. We're all used to clicking the site Logo expecting the main page, but once logged-in I think It would be better if it would bring us to our todolist main view instead of a Toodledo introduction.

This message was edited Dec 27, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions.
Transisto

Posted: Feb 23, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Could you just unclutter my view please ?

http://pkoi.ca/ffftoood.png

I would also realy like to move the Trash and note icon (to the left) like every other field.
Proximo

Posted: Feb 23, 2010
@Transisto,

First I want to welcome you to Toodledo.

Your post is something that has been discussed here many times in detail. I know it's not always easy to search for a topic and find what you are looking for, but there are other threads that cover the very same issue.

Many of us feel the same way and Toodledo is aware of it. When something will change is not discussed or known.

Just an FYI.
Transisto

Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Not very obvious to figure out that hoovering the checkbox to clone a task and the hand to add a subtask.
Transisto

Posted: Apr 16, 2010
The way I must hoover the check-box and wait there still for 2000ms until some pop-up show me I can clone the task (unusual, and inefficient).

That I have to scroll my browser to the right to find that button to Add a note , (note: no info balloon saying "Add note")
And I'm on a 2048 resolution ,, so imagine someone at 1024x768 !!!

Clicking the Repeat field, why have Simple/Advanced when both can coexist by the addition of a drop box instead of the words : "Simple options..." ? all within the same space
THINK ABOUT THAT,,, It might happen that some want to use one way or another ? without fuzzing with that added clicking.

Date field : Don't writing only "24" for example, should mean 24th of this month" ?

This message was edited Apr 16, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 16, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Transisto

Posted: May 20, 2010
Score: -5 Reference
At this rate it will get fixed in +30 years.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.