ForumsQuestionsGoosync Integration

Goosync Integration
wsmjrm

Posted: Aug 16, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
First off, lovely lovely web app. This is my first post and time using Toodledo, just what I am looking for.

I currently use GooSync to sync to my multiple google calendars. GooSync has a task applet that is SyncML based. I was wondering if you all would be interested in possibly offering a service to sync tasks to GooSync (of course you would need to work with GooSync on this), but then you could offer your services via goosync (to make my life easier for one) but then two, also integrate with a very good up and coming services. And if not integrate with GooSync, then maybe offer your service as SyncML so you can take advantage of syncing with some solutions that provide SyncML syncing for your contacts, tasks and appointments (calendar). Just my 2cents

Let me know your thoughts

This message was edited Aug 16, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 16, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
whitten

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
What would it take to convert the XML that the API gives you into the SyncML that GooSync requires?

Is this something you can do using XSLT on a Javascript application?
If so, you don't need our great developers at Toodledo to do it for you.

Hmmm. maybe if we get seriously into code it would be better to do this thread on Developers.

Is there a way to move a question answer thread to a different topic?
That would be a useful thing.

Dave
peaston

Posted: Aug 20, 2008
This would indeed be nice. I also use GooSync. But anything that would allow my to sync my Toodledo tasks with my palm (either to the built-in task app or to a Toodledo-for-palm app) would be nice.
Robert Cooksey

Posted: Jan 03, 2009
I'm also in this boat. I've evaluated writing something myself, and haven't had the time nor found the necessary information on the palm or goosync sides to do so.

This is THE missing part of my life. It's such a pain that I end up printing and doing things in print because to do task syncs are such an ugly affair digitally.

r-
Doubted Edwardo

Posted: May 06, 2009
If anyone is thinking of trying to do this, this article may come in handy http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-syncml3.html#resources . Bit old but the links still work.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.