ForumsQuestionsFew questions on pro account

Few questions on pro account
Linh

Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I really like Toodledo free and have some questions.
1) I’m interested in getting a Pro account and signed up for the 7 day trial. If I decide not to subscribe, will I lose any data/content (e.g. subtasks) when my account reverts back to the basic version?

2) I use the Appigo’s Notebook iPhone app to sync with Toodledo’s notebooks. I had one notebook where it was getting long (but not unreasonably) and any content past a certain length did not get synced. Is this a limitation with the app or Toodledo’s service? And will the pro version remove this limitation?

3) I keep sensitive data in my notebooks. In the pro version, will it support encryption when syncing between the website and the Notebook app?

4) The website interface is not that great. I just enjoy looking at the minimalist and elegant interfaces of RTM and ToDoist. I still chose to use Toodledo because of the features and the generous free version. I had originally typed up a request for an interface overhaul and see that others have asked for the same. So here’s another voice for this request.
Thanks Toodledo!
Claudio

Score: 1 Reference
Here's the answer for #1:

From: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=pro+subscription

When your Pro subscription expires, your account will revert back to a free account and you will no longer have access to any Pro functionality. None of the active information that is attached to your account will be deleted. In most cases, it will simply be hidden until you renew your Pro subscription.
With a Pro account, you have the option of saving old completed tasks for longer than the 6 months given to Free accounts. If you have set your retention time to longer than 6 months, and you allow your Pro subscription to expire, then any tasks that were completed over 6 months ago may be deleted. To prevent this from happening, be sure to renew your Pro subscription.

If you have subtasks, and your subscription expires, all of your subtasks will be flattened out onto the same level as your tasks. They will no longer be nested inside of their parent tasks. When you renew your Pro subscription, your subtasks will regain their previous hierarchy.

If you are privately sharing your tasks with other people, they will no longer be able to add tasks to your account.

When you renew your Pro subscription, everything will return to the way it was before it expired.
lite1

Glad that you value TD as a tool in your life. strongly recommend Pro acct which is quite inexpensive and some of that money would support development including perhaps UI changes.

Posted by Linh:
Hi, I really like Toodledo free and have some questions.

4) The website interface is not that great. I just enjoy looking at the minimalist and elegant interfaces of RTM and ToDoist. I still chose to use Toodledo because of the features and the generous free version. I had originally typed up a request for an interface overhaul and see that others have asked for the same. So here’s another voice for this request.
Thanks Toodledo!
PeterW 

Posted by Linh:
Thanks Toodledo!

While we all wait for UI enhancements, check out some of the user-created scripts that can be used in Firefox with the Stylish plug-in. They make a big difference to the UI.
Linh

Posted: Mar 26, 2010
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Could the staff answer the remaining questions: #2 and #3? Thanks!
Joel

Posted: Mar 26, 2010
Posted by Linh:
[quoteCould the staff answer the remaining questions: #2 and #3?[/quote]
I'm not staff, but I'm nearly 100% certain that going pro does not change amount of data stored nor grant encryption. Pro does mean that it'll use https for all connections, but the data is not encrypted.
I believe the limit per note is 32k.
Linh

Posted: Mar 29, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks, Joel.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2010
Syncing between Appigo Notebook and Toodledo.com may or may not be encrypted. I don't know. You'd have to ask Appigo.com
Linh

Posted: Mar 31, 2010
Well, my Pro trial subscription is ending tomorrow...and I subscribed :)

As I said, I really like this service and the only major complaint is the interface. It's really not bad and it's functional, but it's not elegant and improvements could be made on the user-friendliness front. So I mostly subscribed because Toodledo is worth it, and also in part to provide a little encouragement to the Toodledo team to proceed with the GUI improvements this year.

I sent an email to Appigo to my question on Notebook syncing and will let this forum know their answer if they reply.
Linh

Posted: Mar 31, 2010
I got a quick rely back from Appigo:

----------
The current version of Notebook does not sync your notes to Toodledo through a secure connection. We are adding your comments to our like of feature requests.

Stay tuned to our Twitter and Facebook groups to receive notifications on our latest releases, features, and products.

The Appigo Team
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.