ForumsQuestionsiCal error

iCal error
korbas

Posted: Mar 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
When I attempt to activate the webcal address for the iCal subscription in my Google Calendar, I get the following error message:

The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Make sure that you include the "webcal://" part in front of the url when entering it into Google. Also, make sure that you have enabled the live iCal feed on Toodledo and clicked the "save" button.

Hope that helps
korbas

I did do all of those things twice...I can see right now that the feed is enabled and I did include the "webcal://". Is there anything else I need to do?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 21, 2008
Google Calendar is sometimes temperamental. I would wait a day and try again. Let us know if you still can't get it to work and we'll check it out. Google Calendar has a bad habit of breaking their iCal import :(
Brenda

Posted: Apr 30, 2008
I'm having this issue as well and tried several times just now to link my ical URL, but get the same error each time.
sebnozzi

Posted: Jun 25, 2008
I also have the same problem.

The "Apple" version and the "all others" seem to work...

...but there I have the problem of non standard-ascii characters being displayed wrong (a charset setting seems to be missing somewhere).
Nathan R. Hale

Posted: Jun 26, 2008
Same here, with no luck from either of the other links. I'm also not getting any data imported when I use the "all others" link with Lightning within Thunderbird.
chris

Posted: Dec 06, 2008
This is now happening to me.

I've checked that I've enabled sharing in Toodledo and have copied the url for Google Calendar using the webcal prefix.

Thanks.
Dirk

Posted: Dec 26, 2008
Same Problem for me.
I enabled it and try to add it - with no success...
Any ideas?

Dirk.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 26, 2008
Here is our help topic that explains how to put your tasks onto Google Calendar.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=23

Hope that helps.
Dirk

Posted: Dec 27, 2008
Posted by Dirk:
Same Problem for me.
I enabled it and try to add it - with no success...
Any ideas?

Dirk.

O.K. - Solved.
I waited for 5 hours and re-tried.
Now it works :-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.