ForumsQuestionsTimer for iPhone App

Timer for iPhone App
kegandrew

Posted: May 04, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I’ve read several older posts (the newest from Jan of 2010) inquiring about the timer feature being accessible from the iPhone app. Can you give us an update as to when this is planned to be included? I’ve been using another app to keep my time and would pay extra to have the feature included in Toodledo since this is where I keep track of all my projects and tasks. Thank you for your diligence in creating such a great service.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 06, 2010
Sorry, I don't have an update. The timer is a complex thing to sync when you don't have an always-on connection.
TheGriff_2

Posted: May 11, 2010
Any chance you could at least let us manually update the field and sync (as with any change) after update?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Jim Robertson

Posted: Sep 02, 2010
I'm doing some research on using the timer. Couldn't you fix the sync issue by having start and stop times (preferably exportable for billing) rather than a counter that counts the seconds that the timer is "on".

That way you could just sync the data and could calculate the timer value based on the sum of (the difference between stop time and start time) for all the timer events related to a task.

I realize, of course, that means you'd need to create a new data element to store all the timer events...

So far I like Toodledo, but I'm still looking for a GTD solution that includes an easy way to track billable time for tasks as they are completed.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.