ForumsQuestionsAdd 'star' as criteria for Hotlist

Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 10, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Apologies if this has been asked for before.

At present, the Hotlist is populated based on due date and priority. I would like the 'star' field to be included in the criteria (i.e. item is 'starred').
Transisto

Posted: Jul 11, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I approve,

As a behavior change with consequence I suggest it should added as a mandatory option but enabled by default on new account.
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks Transisto!

This is a really important issue for me so I am hoping it is something that Toodledo can provide soon.

The Hotlist is a powerful feature but it relies solely on due dates and priority. If you follow GTD methodology and don't want to set 'soft' due dates for tasks (or priorities which are not really GTD) then you need another way to get a task into your Hotlist. The star field would be perfect for this.

I thought of making the Starred list my 'hotlist' but then absolutely everything must be manually added to build the Hotlist. I'd prefer to keep the automated functionality but still be able to manually add items when I need to.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 12, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. Until we get to this, you might consider making a saved search for doing this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/seach.php
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 12, 2010
Thanks, I will do this as an interim measure.

BTW has anyone asked for task count indicators on Search tabs? I've only just noticed that they aren't there.
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 13, 2010
In case anyone else is in the same boat (i.e. wanting to build your own Hotlist but with additional criteria such as 'starred' items), I've posted a message in the Tips & Tricks forum showing the criteria to use.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/6757/0/how-to-create-a-custom-hotlist.html

Jake - while this provides a workaround, search tabs lack item counts and of course you lose the auto-email of the Hotlist. So providing additional criteria to the Hotlist would be a valuable enhancement.
djembe1

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Please don't make "starred" a mandatory criteria for the Hotlist. That would totally ruin how I use the Hotlist and stars (the normal hotlist criteria is perfect for me - I just use the stars to set off the tasks that are on my boss's hot list).
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
I'm not asking for that. Just want it added as an optional criteria.
Victor

Posted: Oct 05, 2010
+1

I don't use priorities, so my hotlist is Overdue & Due Today. My Starred list is items that I flagged for doing today. As it stands, I have to remember to go to the Hotlist each day and manually star every item. Then I work from the Starred list throughout the day.

About the side issue on this topic of adding a count to the search items... I wouldn't like that because I have many saved searches and it would just clutter the display. If it were added, I'd like to see it as a separate option within "Show Tab Counts" so people like me could keep them off.

This message was edited Oct 05, 2010.
regier

Posted: Oct 18, 2010
+1

This is important to me too, and a custom search isn't a good alternative for me. I use the "Got To Do" widget to display my hotlist on the home screen of my phone. It can't display custom searches through its widget.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 18, 2010
We are working on this.
davemackey

Posted: Feb 21, 2011
+1 from me too.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 21, 2011
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.