ForumsQuestionsWIndows Phone 7

WIndows Phone 7
kristos.zagorianos

Posted: Oct 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I will be purchasing a new windows phone 7 device (when it finally comes out). will there be a mobile version or maybe an offline version for the windows phone 7 platform?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 01, 2010
We don't have plans to make a WM7 App, but a third-party might.

You can always use our mobile website: http://www.toodledo.com/slim
kristos.zagorianos

Posted: Oct 04, 2010
interesting. do you think I could get a retry on the week long eval copy, when I get my new phone? I tried your site, on my current windows 6.1 device, and it was not very useful. But, the new windows phone platform is light years ahead of the current platform, and my experience may be different.
Andrew A

Posted: Oct 04, 2010
No idea what IE will be like on that, or what the size of your screen is, but I know that with Safari I can use both the standard web site (a little slower since you have to zoom pinch in and out) and the mobile site with little trouble (or most sites for that matter).

To be honest, I generally use the iPhone app, but I have used the browser just to see...
Dyw999

Posted: Oct 15, 2010
I will buy a WP7 phone very soon, but I realized that Toodledo's mobile online site DOESN'T INCLUDE THE NOTEBOOK!? I have almost 50 notes and I use the notebook very often, and it's annoying that I won't be able to access it with my WP7 phone.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 16, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
How can you expect to have a Toodledo app on a phone OS that is not even released yet.

Hint : Use the full Web version. The mobile slim version is for old phones with one inch screens.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2010.
Dave

Posted: Oct 17, 2010
Since Toodledo is the online site of choice for SOOOO many apps on iOS, I doubt it will be long before one comes out on WM7. I think I will be getting one of those phones too and am not worried.
kristos.zagorianos

Posted: Oct 18, 2010
One of the reasons why I am anxious to purchase the new WP7 device is its integration with the new windows live services (i do not work for microssoft). I plan on using Toodeldo and the web version of Onenote.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 18, 2010
Notebook support on our mobile website is planned.
jim

Posted: Oct 21, 2010
I guess I'd like to put in my vote for a WP7 app. I currently use the iPhone app, but I'll be getting the Samsung Focus, a WP7 phone, on launch day.
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
My view is that it's highly unlikely Toodledo will ever develop a WP7 app.

You might want to check out Pocket Informant. It's a long-time Windows Mobile app so maybe they will rewrite for WP7.
mike

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
I have a version of toodledo on windows phone 7 that i ported from a desktop silverlight toodledo app that i have written. it's not totally done, and i haven't addressed notebooks yet, but it's quite similar to the iphone version which i used for a long time before getting the windows phone 7. i started it during the phone beta, and i think i have it fully converted to the rtm. i tabled the project due to lack of interest. nobody on the forums seemed to be interested in the windows phone 7 version. if there is sufficient interest, i will get the project back out and finish it up.

the slim interface doesn't work well on the phone. the screen resolution is 480x800, so it's wider than the slim version is really designed for. the text is too tiny to read, and zooming in doesn't fit everything on the screen. it's really unusable on the windows phone.
thedougbrownfamily

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
I would be interested in a Windows Phone 7 client.
jim

Posted: Nov 09, 2010
@mike
There are a lot of us looking for an app that syncs tasks with Outlook. Chromatic Dragon has a nice sync tool for Outlook and Toodledo (http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncDownload.aspx), and there are a lot of us who would love a WP7 app for Toodledo for that reason.
If you'd put it out there, you'd make a lot of people in the official WP7 forums (http://www.windowsphone7.com/backstage/forums/index.aspx/) very, very happy.
mike

Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Posted by jim:
@mike
There are a lot of us looking for an app that syncs tasks with Outlook. Chromatic Dragon has a nice sync tool for Outlook and Toodledo (http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncDownload.aspx), and there are a lot of us who would love a WP7 app for Toodledo for that reason.
If you'd put it out there, you'd make a lot of people in the official WP7 forums (http://www.windowsphone7.com/backstage/forums/index.aspx/) very, very happy.

ok, let me finish the app i'm working on, and toodledo for win7 (it's called photon toodledo) will be brought back to life. will post back on the progress. thanks for the tip, jim.
jim

Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Thanks a lot, mike. It's very much appreciated.
David Foale

Posted: Nov 11, 2010
Good news have just moved from a iPhone to wm7 and have been struggling without toodledo
vdecarlo

My girlfriend and I just moved from iPhones to Windows Phone 7 devices. We would really appreciate a Toodledo app.
Alan

If this was my company, I would be reluctant to dedicate resources to developing an app for a platform that at this point, represents a minuscule percentage of the market, and is in fact "untested" in that we don't yet know how popular it will become. There really are two major players in the smartphone market right now. For all we know, WM7 may flop, but we won't know yet until after the Xmas period as far as I'm concerned.
jim

@Alan
Luckily for those of us with WP7s there is an independent developer here willing to help us out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.