ForumsQuestionsTwitter Connection Working?

Twitter Connection Working?
Acustk

Posted: Oct 24, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I've tried adding tasks over the last few days with my phone using Twitter but they are not showing up on Toodledo. When I login to twitter.com I see them in my "sent" folder, so I know they're getting that far at least. Have not had problems before adding with Twitter.

Anyone else having problems? Could it be something with the new server?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 24, 2008
Are you able to request tasks through twitter or get reminders sent through twitter? Have you tried removing the Twitter connection and then re-adding it?
Acustk

Posted: Oct 27, 2008
Still no go on Twitter. Tried removing the connection and re-establishing it. Twitter shows that I'm following and being followed but the connections page of Toodledo still says I need to confirm with a code (which I've done directly from Twitter's site).

Hmmm... any ideas?
Dave Lemons

Posted: Oct 28, 2008
I have the same issue. Twitter shows that I'm following, but connections still showing confirmation code, which I also have entered on the Twitter side.

-Dave
Acustk

Posted: Oct 28, 2008
Can anyone confirm that adding tasks with Twitter IS working for them?

Thanks.
Mark

Posted: Oct 29, 2008
I'm having this problem too... I've deleted the connection, unfollowed Toodledo and followed again. I've sent the confirmation code via direct message, but the Toodledo site isn't showing that this has been received.

I'd love to be able to add tasks via Twitter again. Thanks!
Acustk

I found a work-around for texting tasks to Toodledo until the Twitter connection is working again. I can use my phone carrier's SMS to Email gateway.

For AT&T, I text to 111.
The message takes the form of:
my_toodledo_email_address (task to add)

...where my_toodledo_email_address is your email address setup under ToodleDo's "import" link. The task must have the parentheses around it. Setup and save a text message template and you won't have to retype the email address each time.

For AT&T, text to 111. Otherwise find your carrier's gateway at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway#Carrier-provided_SMS_to_Email_Gateways
Eric

Hasn't worked for me in a few days. I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but it seems to be a bigger problem then just me.
michael.emery

Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Not working for me either. Have removed ToodleDo from Twitter list and re-added but still no luck. My tasks are also verified as sent in my Twitter sent list.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Twitter is notorious for having problems and outages. We'll look into it and see what they broke and how we can fix it.
Eric

Posted: Nov 03, 2008
Any Update on this, mine is still not working to my knowledge.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2008
We are still working on it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2008
Ok, its working again. Sorry for the delay.
Mark

Posted: Nov 05, 2008
Thank you. That's fantastic.
Eric

Posted: Nov 05, 2008
Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.