ForumsQuestionsOptionally feature bugged?

Optionally feature bugged?
myacescracked

Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have not been able to get the optionally on roll forward feature to work fully. If I complete the task, it advances to the next instance no problem. However, I have several optional tasks that repeat daily that display as past-due rather than rolling forward if I do not complete the task. I also have the problem with tasks I have scheduled for the weekends. If I do not complete the tasks, they display as past-due tasks on weekdays rather than advance to the next weekend day.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Do you have your timezone set correctly in your account settings? Do you have a ? in front of the due-date?
myacescracked

My timezone is correct and I do have a ? in front of the due date. My optional daily repeating tasks were three days overdue (?Oct. 27, 2008) until I manually advanced the due date.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That is very strange. They should be moving forward. I'll look into it.
myacescracked

Posted: Oct 31, 2008
I appreciate your help!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2008
Ok, we found the problem with optional tasks and have fixed it.

For those interested, the bug was that we only moved the due-date forward one time per day for each optional task. Thus, if you somehow had a daily repeating optional task that was overdue by 5 days, it would get rescheduled one day forward, which would still be 4 days overdue. The next day, the same thing would happen, so the task would be perpetually 4 days overdue. Obviously, the intended behavior is to have the optionally repeating task get continually moved forward until it is no longer overdue, and that is what we are doing now. I hope that made sense.
DaveW

Posted: Nov 09, 2008
Sorry, it's not fixed. I have a variety of optional (daily, weekends, monthly, etc.) that are not moving forward at all, let alone not moving forward enough. Timezone is correct and ? in front. These haven't worked in about 2 or 3 months.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2008
I just checked, and there are no optional tasks for anybody that have a due-date in the past. Are you sure that you have a ? in front of the due-date? Maybe you can send a screen snapshot to [email protected].
DaveW

Posted: Nov 11, 2008
I just checked and my optional tasks finally moved forward to next weekend, but not until Tuesday morning. All day Monday they were still shown as being Past Due for the previous Saturday (and this was after you all checked). So, it finally worked, but a little late. I'll keep an eye on it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.