ForumsQuestionsAbout Toodledo on iPhone (auto-sync & auto-launch)

About Toodledo on iPhone (auto-sync & auto-launch)
matworms

Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!

I've tried to find information about these two questions, but I didn't find precise answers.

1. Is there an auto-sync feature in the iPhone App? I mean auto-syncing while the app is running (in background or not). And if so, what is the refreshing frequency? Is there a way to set it up?
2. Is there a way to make the app launching at phone startup without having to do it manually?

Cheers!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
1) We have "sync on edit" which will immediately push any changes you make directly to the website. We have "Sync on startup" which will download all changes on the website to the iPhone whenever you open the app. The combination of these will ensure that everything is always in sync.

2) I don't think there is a way to automatically launch an app when the iPhone is powered up.
matworms

Thanks for your answers. So there is no way to automatically get tasks to be pushed into Toodledo without having to open the app? I'd like to have something that could refresh the app's badge when I add a new task via the website.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 11, 2010
We can already refresh the badge if you setup remote notifications. Otherwise, there is no need for the data to be sent to the iPhone until you launch the app.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
matworms

Posted: Nov 13, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Otherwise, there is no need for the data to be sent to the iPhone until you launch the app.

I was planning to use a shared account to manage some projects, but it seems it won't be possible to do so: if someone else add a task (without reminder) to one project, there is no way for me to be aware of this task until I manually open the app, which is somehow counter-productive (and even more if I forget to do so). Or maybe did I miss something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 15, 2010
This is how it currently works. We are planning to add notifications when tasks are assigned to you. This is in the works.
matworms

Posted: Nov 16, 2010
Thanks for the info, it should be really useful!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.