ForumsQuestionsMulti-Location Tasks?

Multi-Location Tasks?
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm not sure I understand the new Location field and what to do with it in some circumstances...

If I have a task that like "Buy toy at Tioys'R'Us", then putting the location of the Toys'R'Us into the Location field makes sense so that you can be alerted when you pass the store. However:

1. How do you get the location of the Toys'R'Us if you haven't been there in a while?
2. What if there are multiple toy stores in your area and you could do the task at any?
3. Should we treat Location as a replacement for (one part of) Context in all situations?
4. Should Location always be GPS coordinates (or the equivalent) or is a general name okay?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 16, 2010
1) You can set it on the website by address. You'll need to Google the address since we don't yet have an address lookup feature.

2) We currently don't support this. You'll have to pick your favorite toy store.

3) That is up to you.

4) A Location without a GPS coordinate will work fine except it wont show up on the map.
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Hmmm. If you don't support Multi-location tasks, another option might be to setup a parent task with child tasks for each location. This, though, might require that marking a child task as complete would cause the parent to be marked complete and, thus, make the other child tasks go away.

Is that doable?
luc.steelandt

Posted: Mar 14, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:

2) We currently don't support this. You'll have to pick your favorite toy store.

Does that mean you're working to associate several locations to a task ?
As Omnifocus provide, it will be great to have the possibility to define several location to one context.
To take @DSM example, a context @toysrus could be associated with all Toy'r'us stores location in his area.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.