ForumsQuestionsShow recently completed tasks somtimes not working?

Show recently completed tasks somtimes not working?
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I like to keep my subtasks visible until I'm completely done with the task. Sometimes the filter setting works sometimes not.

Any idea if I am doing something wrong?
Thank you.
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 07, 2008
Also I am noticing that if I have marked subtasks as completed, but left the parent task uncompleted, and also have the show recently completed tasks on, I loose the ability to toggle the subtasks. But if I add a new subtask to the parent task it brings them back.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for pointing this out. We'll look into it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think we found the bug and have fixed it from happening. What was happening was that if a parent task had no uncompleted subtasks, it was being converted into an ordinary task without subtasks.

This will no longer happen in the future, but we were unable to retroactively undo any parents that became untoggleable because of this bug. If you have one of these orphaned parents, you can fix it by adding a dummy task to the parent (as you already figured out). Adding a dummy task forces it to reconnect with all its lost completed subtasks. You can then get rid of the dummy task.

Thanks for reporting this bug. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 08, 2008
Wow, that was quick to get fixed! thank you very much!
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 10, 2008
Uh oh ... I wonder if I have any parents with missing children? I can't even think of how I'd possibly search for this... hmmm...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
They way you could find out is to look at your completed tasks and look for the icon that indicates that it is a subtask. Click this icon, and if it doesn't load the parent in its place, then the parent has become disconnected from this subtask. Adding a dummy task to the parent, will reattach it.

Since it only affects completed tasks, its probably not worth worrying about unless you often need to refer back to completed subtasks and be able to quickly locate their parent.
Qrystal

OK -- I tried this, by doing a Search for all Completed Tasks. I clicked on the "subtask" icon, and the parent icon WAS loaded in place ... but none of the parent's subtasks exist, even though I'm looking in the view of all Completed Tasks!

It's not terribly important to me, but if there's more bugginess around, I am happy to help you figure it out...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
So, if that happens, just add a dummy task to the empty parent, and it will fix itself.
Qrystal

Sorry, I guess I forgot to finish explaining before I posted. I did try adding a dummy subtask, and it exists just fine, but none of the pre-existing subtasks are there anymore.
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 14, 2008
Hrmm, It seems I have lost them again.

The only thing I can think of that might have triggered them invisible is making the parent task a -1 priority or maybe checking off the parent task as done.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2008.
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 15, 2008
I guess maybe I should ask if the is an expiration date for completed task to still show up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are using a free account, tasks that are completed more than 1 week ago are hidden. You can upgrade to a Pro account to see them again.
kleerkoat

Nah, that's not it, I have a Pro Plus. I can see them in my completed tasks and they have a different icon that looks like it might indicate that they were a sub task. I can also see other completed tasks in my views, so I don't have "hide completed tasks turned" on.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.